Finally pvp gear seperated from pve!

Nothing happened yet and likely not much will. As things are now, you will have to PVE to PVP. You can try to hope they will change it based on a couple of words they said, but talk is cheap. Hopes like that happen every expansion and things mostly get worse instead of better.

7 Likes

Whut ? You get that from… A video ? Sorry friends different people like different things and no matter how outlandish it may sound some players actually appreciate not having PvP stats

Nope, Blizz said there would be more work done on the vendors, but this is far from being what many players have been asking for on the forums : a PvP stat.

Game is broken nothing will fix it anymore, better to just let it die and go play something else.

2 Likes

What’s TLDR version of this?

The video is based on this blue post:

We have been following the constructive feedback about the range of gear available on our PvP vendors, and we agree with the underlying concerns. While WoW is an interconnected ecosystem of different content and systems and we feel that the very strongest characters should be the ones who participate and excel in a wide range of activities, each individual progression path should offer the majority of the tools required for success in that path. The current PvP vendors fall short of that goal.

It’s basically just blizzard acknowledging that the current iteration of PvP vendor will not be enough.

Where that says that PvP gear will be separated from PvE gear is beyond me though.

TL;DR: Misleading title. But Blizzard acknowledges that the current PvP vendor in Beta is bad.

3 Likes

I see Shadazzle beat me to it XD

5 Likes

Thank you :blush:

The likely solution: remove PVP vendors.

© Blizzard

(Only half-kidding, by the way.)

They wouldn’t dare to cross the same river twice
But I will be surprised if pvp players will be given an option to ignore raid trinkets / weapons / legendary powers

Cause it’s a agaisnt their core idea of everyone must do every content to be optimal, but raids are the pinnacle of all

Don’t give them ideas !!! :laughing:

You can be the first, gogo

Just let us ignore raid trinkets and make pvp gear BIS for pvp.

Legendaries and covenants are completely fine, but I shouldnt need to clear 12/12 to be able to get bis gear.

1 Like

Here is where my doubts lie
They have already made 1 of two trinkets a medallion pvp one
But the second bis one I presume will be from the raid :confused:

So once again pvp players will be forced to learn all encounters and farm for it, instead of doing what they came for - arenas bg

Would be nice to have a pvp bonus for using two trinkets from pvp vendor

Nobody wants to pve inorder to pvp basical;ly mate. Deal with it. Or the ppl that want it are ppl who started wow AFTER legion like LMAO these ppl shouldnt even have an opinion srsly

1 Like

I started in vanilla, and tbh, I’m entirely on board with PvE gear being relevant in PvP and the absence of a dedicated PvP stat.

For people who like regular raiding, plenty of M+, and just a dash of occasional PvP, that extra stat is what makes them simply stop bothering with PvP until next expansion.

I have no objection to a PvP vendor, and the weekly PvP chest being on par with the weekly mythic chest - but I did not like Resilience on day 1, and I do not want it back now. It splits up the game, locks people out of one half of content or the other, and results in awful group experiences when some nugget shows up in the wrong sort of gear.

It was expected of them to add more item variations to the PvP vendor, just like it was before “of Alacrity, of Cruelty, etc, etc”, like it was expected for the same vendor to have the on-use and random stat proc trinkets.
What grinds my gears is people saying “I don’t want to PvE to PvP” referring to trinkets. So what, you want all the raids and dungeons not to drop any trinkets anymore?

Yeah I agree. As long as in the MAJORITY of cases, PvP gear is BiS for PvP I’m not all that bothered. PvE Trinkets and legendaries in the past have been notorious for being BiS for PvP in a lot of cases, but I can live with, as long as I don’t have to farm an ENTIRE set from PvE… to PvP.

In other words: I am lazy to farm pvp gear. I just want to stomp everyone with my mythic raid gear, but the pvp stat doesn’t let me do that

So…what exactly has happened? Or Blizz only promised to change something?

Probably will increase the ilvl of pvp items a little bit