Finally pvp gear seperated from pve!

Probably will increase the ilvl of pvp items a little bit

i think they will add some more items with different stats to the vendor at best.

Playing the game should be playing the game, and similar effort should yield similar rewards.

This idea that pvp and pve should never touch just divides the player base and lengthens queues. Not sure why anyone wants to turn wow into 2 independent games

With the division, you can still progress in both systems. What we have without the division is that you have to do PVE to do PVP. That’s unhealthy and that’s why a big proportion of PVPers just quit.

I disagree about the source of the problem; needing to PvE to PvP is an item supply issue. The weekly chest is inadequate, and the random drops after BGs is laughable.

Personally, I feel like rated BGs and Arena need to be able to drop up to a 465 item on a win, and that the quality of the item should depend on the strength of the enemy team. Maybe allow specifying a PvP “tier” when queuing, e.g. you want to go against an enemy team of 465+ for maximum rewards, or your team isn’t as well geared, you want to go for the 445-465 range.

Just brainstorming. The general idea is to make PvP a source of equivalent gear. I just don’t want a PvP stat, because that locks people to one side or the other. Resilience was rubbish for dungeons, and we spent a lot of time kicking out pugs who thought their gear score was adequate.

So the PvE players would complain that they have to PvP to PvE.

And I don’t want players to be carried by PvE gear and trinkets in RATED PvP.

To make pvp great again:

Reduce i lvl for instanced PvE items (m+, raids) in instanced PvP. ( -30, -40 ilvl)
Disable all instanced PvE trinkets (m+, raids) in instanced PvP.
Add PvP only stat which effects one PvP combat in instanced PvP.

That was in WoD.

Was in Legion

Was in TBC/WOTLK/CATA/MOP
Maybe it would work idk.

And reasoning? Except of its pvp enviroment? I get you want fair pvp but you have to realize that wow is NOT compettive game and this artificial rule sets where something work differently or doesnt work at ll kinda ruins rpg part of the game. Transion between pvp and pve ahould be seemless without any artificial restricrions.

No, they just have the option to. Blizz could quite simply give us 1 weekly chest, the output of which is the highest attainment in either dungeons or PvP.

But this results in far less people joining for funzies. All the people who don’t have a lot of experience gave up after realising they can’t compete with your full Resilience. Easy kills have gone. Everyone in that battleground or arena is a hardcore PvPer. A small portion of the player base, chewing on itself over and over until there’s nothing left.

And goes both ways; that PvP stat is worth jack in dungeons. Want to do a casual +15 for the weekly? Tough, nobody wants your Resilient self dragging down their team. Heck, I can imagine players who “only PvP” hitting level cap, going straight to battlegrounds, and forever whining that everything in the open world is so hard when they’re trying to farm up some repair money.

PvP stat turns WoW into 2 different games, and both of them have less potential players.

If PvP gave people the opportunity to gear as quickly as you could via PvE, PvE-centric players would riot about needing to do PvP in order to maximize their gear acquisition rate.

People were really miffed about that at the start of BfA, when you could get “easy 350s”.

1 Like

As above; Blizz can give us 1 weekly chest where the output is based on the highest attainment in any type of content.

If it turns out “everyone knows” getting your weekly M+ done is way easier, fine; it shouldn’t be a problem since it’s way easier and doesn’t take long. If “everyone knows” it’s quicker by PvP, also fine; if it’s quicker and more reliable than a 40 minute M+, who’s going to complain?

There just isn’t a need to segregate players without overlap. All it results in is less people to group with.

I disagree, I think the progression should rely on more than just a single piece of content you “max out” weekly. If you had this system, where would, f.ex. random BGs fit? I firmly believe that BGs should have a place in gear progression, but in order to ensure it’s place in the progression, you cannot elegantly conjoin the 2 modes of play.

I mean, I am no fan of the weekly chest; I just think it’s here to stay. It’s a throttle mechanism, designed to stop players grinding everything to death in 3 weeks and then quitting. Blizz aren’t going to get that go, so we have to assume that the last 10 ilvls of gear is only ever going to be in that chest - or mythic raids. But then, not a very big % of people do mythic raids, really.

Even if we did reward the top 1-2% of PvPers with mythic raid gear; you’d have to be capped to 1-2 items per week. And then the M+ folks will complain that they have to either raid OR PvP, not just do their 5-player dungeons.

It is messy no matter what we do; but I don’t think a PvP stat does anything to reduce the messiness and is likely to increase it.

I didn’t have any problems to get pve and pvp gear in tbc, wotlk, cata or mop. Even now you can’t compete with only 1 gear. You still need different gear for pvp and pve. Only difference now is that pvp players are forced to pve to get gear if they wanted to be useful in pvp.

Its separated but can you get the PvP gear only from Casual BGs or you have to do the annoying Rated Arenas just like the previous expansions?

Yes you can get gear from pvp, but it lacks the most wanted stat combinations. Also getting gear with high ilvl is harder in pvp than pve.

I think the gear throttle should be maintained ONLY in regards to the high-end, bis (and bis-parallel) loot, and loosened as the season goes on to ensure that people who are willing to commit the time, can realistically catch up.

That being said, it still does not enable BGs to be a viable stepping stone into rated PvP, as in order to ensure relative parity with PvE, BGs would have to be capped at around heroic 5man, LFR or at best m0 loot.

That would, in turn, make M+ and raiding, again, the de facto go-to for entry-level rated PvP gear, which would make BG gearing unviable, or ill-fitted in the gear progression model. Which is the big issue in BfA.

That’s actually a really good point!

But then
 I wonder if Blizzard view un-rated BGs and Arenas as something we’re just doing for fun. Like, they reward bugger all, they don’t prep you for anything useful; if you’re not enjoying them, there’s no reason to be there.

Which arguably makes them the equivalent of LFR.

Trouble is; LFR is a joke. If people would actually stay through 2-3 wipes, they’d find out that it’s basically impossible to fail. It’s free gear, gated by your patience with the queues and waiting for a replacement tank after the first boss. Of course that gear should be rubbish. All you did was turn up. And by that standard
 shouldn’t random BGs also be rubbish?

I feel like Blizz believe the gear reward should be based on how much organisation was required, not necessarily how much in-the-moment “skill” is on show. Which doesn’t solve much, but it does seem to meet the pattern we see today.

Who really does pvp to ‘maximize’ their gear? I literally can’t think of any reason other than the 475 badge for fire mages because there is a better version of every pvp item in pve with every stat combination.

Just accept it, you guys would lose your s**t if a guy who exclusively does pvp just came in a m+ and destroyed you in meters with pvp gear. But you are completely fine for vice versa.