Finish BFA storyline without Shadowlands?

Hello everyone.
I left the game before BFA end. Returning now and i wonder if i can finish BFA storyline on level 50 first to avoid spoilers. And then buy Shadowlands.
Or noone will take me to BFA raids on level 50 and i should buy Shadowlands and level to 60 first?
Thanks in advance.

You will certainly get parties for the dungeons. Raids, though, not so much.

Of course, there are always some people who make parties for last expansion’s raids, but fewer than usual this time because Blizzard has adjusted scaling so that they are not very much easier at 60, at least in current gear, than they were at 50.

I don’t say it’s impossible to get a group for BfA raids as a 50, but I don’t think it would be easy.

2 Likes

Raids can be tricky to find groups for, like Gráinne mentioned, however what you could try, is find some transmog runs in the dungeon finder under “Custom Groups” and then “Legacy Raids” (I still see a few of them throughout the week). These groups usually put efficiency first to farm armor and weapon appearances and rush through the raids, but you could try whispering group owners first and see if they’d allow you in as a 50. Some transmog groups have enough level 60 characters in them, that a level 50 doesn’t make much of a difference, despite them usually clearing the Mythic difficulty.

One thing to add though, if you’re having difficulty finding a group, is that you should know that you won’t be missing out on any massive story steps by skipping raids, as they usually don’t contain crucial story moments that are essential to story progression. Raids sometimes have short cinematics that play at the end of them, that may contain minor story progressions, but you can find all of those cinematics on youtube, so don’t break your head over this. If you can’t find a group for the old raids, just watch the respective cinematic once you reached the end of a story step on youtube, and you will be caught up :wink:

1 Like

Thank you, good advice.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.