Fire mage in m+ is terrible

This spec needs a rework , my suggestion
Buff incanter’s flow or make rune of power on the mage to go with you .
M+ has to much movement , not to mention how few players make the right pulls in m+ only at the highest lvl .
It’s to much of a niche spec for m+ .

2 Likes

They are getting a rework already.

More like adjustement than a rework. Nothing changes besides alternative to SKB and one or two talent changes. The spec is the same combustion reliance festival. Only positive is the RoP removal fix for heavy movement situations but it was still a great damage buff when used properly.

1 Like

It’s a pretty significant difference.

I would say it looks better than on live for sure but I think the spec is due to a complete rework like getting rid of combustion reliance. Buff back all the spells and just make a whole new cooldown. 100% Crit buff is impossible to balance without major drawbacks and the drawback is that without the buff there is no sustained damage right now. Perhaps introduce a build up spend resource or something.

1 Like

Good morning brother. Mages struggleing with this for the last 4-5 years and now after the changes are out on ptr u find it out. But to be clear, fire isnt terrible right now, its just not casual friendly. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t think it’s good either, for the average players, but its far from ‘‘terrible’’.

Skb is your answer to consistant dmg, it’s just hard to play around in dungeons. DH tanks are looking good, hopefully there will be loads about because they are so fast between pulls, they have no respect for healer mana, its great!

Me on the other hand am absolutely delighted we have the choice for a powerful 1m combustion again. It has built in RoP dmg buff so you can be mobile and stop moaning, I miss RoP being 2 charges, they killed it with the SL changes.

It actually gets so much nicer to play in m+ once you get the 4 set.

Don’t get me wrong through, it’s still really bad in lower end keys where stuff just doesn’t live long enough to get a good ignite spread.

the rework consist in removal of rune of power, buff of living bomb and meteor with some different mechanics on it, and all spells getting a bit of a buff

adding living bomb and meteor in your rotation might actually make it look like a different class in many situations
combustion gets AN INSANE cooldown reduction, id be surprised if it stays like that
shifting power is taken in ANY build, so … will be interestin to see what fire will look like, so far looks op.

They already nerfed the cdr on combustion on ptr, blue post they are aiming for 1m cd. Having skb on a choice node for me is the big win! Having skb for raid then changing to big 1m combustion build is perfect for me.

I will take OP and actually able to do decent dps compared to the joke mage has been the whole expac so far.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.