Fire mage starter kit

Hey, can anyone tell me what’s best for fire mage and what is the most optimal way of obtaining it?

With this I mean stuff like the necessity of mechagon bracers, what essences will be best, I need someone to teach me rotation and suggest best traits.
I’ve been experimenting with 3 X blaster master as advised on sites and it’s a bit lackluster, so I came to the conclusion I just don’t have the right gear or skill.

Thanks in advance.

Fire mage isn’t universally amazing, but has stunning burst damage.

I use (as an AoE setup) essence of the focussing iris as my main, with crucible of flame and lucid dreams minor.

You are missing a trinket, which won’t help (just so you know no item in a slot counts as 0 ilvl).

To use blaster master correctly you also need to change your rotation when combustion is active.

If you’re looking to max out your DPS in high m+ you should also be making use of potions, other players will be.

Erm…idk what is going on but I definitely have a trinket…it’s the flying sea thing from mythic EP.

How to change rotation? I feel like this is where the help in your post comes from but you stop short of actually helping.

I know about pots and pans, have 2 chars with +15 ach, so you don’t need to worry about such basics whilst advising.

The combustion rotation varies slightly based on whether you start with a heating up proc beforehand, but assuming you do its fire blasts then pyroblasts, using scorch when fire blast is on cooldown.

Normally its fire blast or scorch and then cast the instance pyro.

With blaster master you use scorch to “burn” time to maximise the effect of the blaster master proc.

This https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/fire-mage-pve-dps-azerite-traits-powers-and-armor#blaster-master explains it better than I can.

I was looking at your profile on my phone, and the page seemed to glitch out and hide one of your trinkets, sorry for the confusion.

Regarding trinkets – you specifically need an on-use with two minutes cooldown that gives you primary stat. The Font from Azshara/the PvP badge fit into the criteria.

Lucid major is very important paired with mecha bracers. It’s where fire mages power is coming from atm. Only stats you want are haste and vers where you can choose. 3x BM is very important but is on every peice of az gear in the raid.

Double on use trinket has been the meta and is very strong, it requires azshara’s font of power and is unlikely to be replaced before shadowlands. You have to use font 20secs before combustion so your second trinket is available.

Then it’s about getting your combustion right. While casting rune you can combust, use trinket and fire blast as they are all of gcd. With mecha bracers and lucid you rarely have to cast but sometimes you’ll have to use one scorch. Use the bracers when you have zero stacks of fireblast BUT before you use a pyro. Practise it on a dummy and it’ll feel great when you get it right.

1 Like

I had tried fire spec, and its very much “meh/10”. While Chads in frost and arcane specs blasting mythic+ and raids, fire spec is virgin walks around low mythic+ keys with his pre-made party, carrying long sheet of paper with a list of lawyers excuses for having so crap dps. Examples of those - “you killing packs too fast, burn don’t have time to do it damage” or “if only i had rare bracers from dung which is almost no-one care or bother to clear out” and we can’t forgot the classic - “tank and whole party! you guys must play around my combustion CD, then i can do damage”. It’s like this is disable spec which needs very specific conditions created for it, so it can be on top. But sure thing, once you did wasted so much of your time, (judging by wowlogs) you, probably, could to become top dps* (*if there is no rogue or fury or dh in the raid/party). But why spend so much time on making cow - bark or purr? Basically the bottom line is - IMHO, with exact same amount of effort needed for making fire mage OK-ish, you can make rogue into OK-ish tank.

On another hand new path, new items and essences, maybe fire will be viable again.

Hey, hear me out… what if I tell you that fire mage has simply not been made for low mythic+ and it has its chance to shine in other sorts of content?

Idk, I’d say unacceptable.

Was in an 11 today, first time I’ve tried it in fire for real, did 37k overall, whilst not brilliant and if frost it would be 10k higher probably, but it’s almost carrying my own weight kind of number.
Especially considering I have no optimized gear
(no wrist, mechagon rings, no 2x on use trinket) and very very little experience.
And the 37k number is an improvement over the 33k number I did in the 9 before the 11.

So I definitely see room to grow.

Yeah it sucks in low keys, it has the same problems as dot specs (combustion actually takes 19secs to do its full dmg) but use it wisely and its a beast. Try taking it out for a spin on hivemind fully geared… and as for mythic plus, in a groups with coms you can plan your big cd pulls, in pugs… I go frost. It lost a lot when we lost the double flame strike trait on the legion artifact and never got a buff to help but combustion is just so powerful atm it doesn’t matter.

Hello !

Feeding on all information regarding Fire. Switched to it for the first time ever and still learning. It is really cool spec. Managed around 27-30k on raid dummy in 2.30 min. Will stick to it until I learn it. Way too much time played arcane.

Thank you and have a great day,

Don’t take this personally: but you’re probably the most clueless mage on these forums. Every time I see one of your messages it’s just a bunch of baloney. You can’t even play arcane correctly despite praising it all the time. Checked your logs and you literally only have gray, even if you were alive for the encounter.

The point of this is that you really have no capability or even the right to judge specs, since you don’t know how they even work or how you play them. It’s kind of irritating to see you spread around your nonsense.

1 Like

Replied thinking you where talking to a different guy. Yh that guy is clueless, still quite harsh lol sure he wouldn’t take that personally!

My fav bit is the last line, maybe new stuff will make fire viable again :rofl::rofl:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.