Fire PvP talents Beta

Please DO NOT REMOVE Flamecannon… out of all PvP talents that Fire has, this is the most interesting one.

Glass Cannon and Greater Pyro are the ones that need to go… Both are ruining PvP choices for Fire… one is mandatory because you, Blizzard, refuse to adjust damage without the HP penalty and we end up wasting a PvP slot picking this or we do absolutely no damage compared to other classes (this potato logic was also for Savage Roar for Feral, thank god that was removed). The other wasn’t used since the 15 sec CD nerf (and without it, it was extremely toxic/broken).

Flamecannon at least requires smart positioning and rewards kiting, now you’re replacing it with the most boring, and the most useless talent of all : [Fireheart] Blazing Barrier’s damage is increased by 500%…

Friendly reminder that Arcane and Frost barriers don’t have 0.75 modifier for PvP, only Fire.
In arena 2-3 people share the damage on your barrier resulting in absolutely no VALUE WHATSOEVER. What even is this???
Instead of changing what Blazing Barrier does baseline, since Prismatic and Ice barriers have unique effects attached to them (which are very good), you give the “reflective shield” portion a damage buff that will still bring 0 value. Amazing decision making.

Remove Glass Cannon and buff/adjust Fire mage damage for Scorch, Fireball and Ignite for PvP instances. Rework Greater Pyroblast, remove the max hp% portion and give it something else, maybe have it buff your next Pyroblast do to something unique (like Sharpen Blade with Arms Warrior, not the same effect, just saying how it should work).

Add Meteor to World in Flames, it doesn’t have to be 200% increase, but it might get picked more. Add a PvP talent for Living Bomb or Phoenix Flames…

Remove ETHERAL BLINK from all specs… no one used this since it came into existence.
Somehow I think about what’s the worst thing you can do for PvP talents for this spec, and you always seem to one-up yourselves and negatively surprise me with the direction you’re going.

Terrible choices.

11 Likes

I think they need to buff fire more… instant mega crits, 200k dot from ignite is not enough. People should die as soon as fire mage targets someone…instant death.

No one is advocating for Fire buffs here, just that they’re ruining the spec’s PvP talents.

If you’re talking about the Glass Cannon part, it’s just crazy to me if you think this talent belongs in the game. Fire can’t be played without it and we get a penalty by picking it… imagine Arcane or Frost having Glass Cannon and being balanced around it. Imagine 30% of your total damage is weaker because you don’t get this talent, and you get 15% max HP penalty as well. I don’t think Arcane especially would like this.

Do you really want 500% increased reflective damage on 75% Blazing Barrier instead of what Flamecannon provides?

You really don’t like Fire mage…

Also, Ignite can be dispelled if it bothers you that much lol.

can’t tell if serious

Maybe you’re right for arena, but not for bg, I never play with Glasscanon and I’m pretty often top dam and kills as fire mage.
And Flamecanon is just broken, allowing you to get MM hunter range is stupid, like MM is actually.
All range dd should have the same range, that’s all

They can nerf or remove the range bonus if it’s that much powerful, even though they just added more range to all priest spells lol.

I loved how the mechanic worked, numbers can always be adjusted.

I hope we can both agree that this talent was more fun than the new shield one…

Couldn’t reply earlier, I didn’t sub last month.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.