First time build pc (never used one only ever used Mac)

Hi,

i’m a little nervous to even ask, but basically i’ve been wanting a pc desktop for awhile and finally have the chance -

i’m getting help to pick parts and build it as i have very little knowledge on this if any at all…

i just wanted more opinions on this set up as i’m anxious to spend alot and don’t want to be replacing parts for at least 3-4 years if i can help it or experience anymore issues with the computer and the game - i haven’t played since 8.3 my mac laptop just cant do it anymore and i’m sad to have missed out on so much.

here is a list of the parts i’m getting from pcpartpicker -

CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6- Core Processor

CPU Cooler - RAIJINTEK DELOS RBW 20.34 CFM CPU Cooler

Motherboard - Asus ROG STRIX B450-F Gaming ATX AM4

Memory - Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory

Storage - Samsung 970 Evo 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive

Storage - Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Video Card -Asus GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER 6 GB DUAL EVO OC Video Card

Case - Corsair iCUE 220T RGB Airflow ATX Mid Tower Case

Power Supply - EVGA GD (2019) 500 W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply

it mentions some compatibility issues but i’m a little confused… here is what it says on the website -

Warning - Some AMD B450 chipset motherboards may need a BIOS update prior to using Matisse CPUs. Upgrading the BIOS may require a different CPU that is supported by older BIOS revisions.

Note - The motherboard M.2 slot #1 shares bandwidth with SATA 6.0 Gb/s ports. When the M.2 slot is populated, two SATA 6.0 Gb/s ports are disabled.

Note - Some physical dimension restrictions cannot (yet) be automatically checked, such as cpu cooler / RAM clearance with modules using tall heat spreaders.

so here it is, i hope this all makes sense…my budget is from £1000-£1500 and i only use it to play wow would be nice to play on better settings since i’ve only ever played on the lowest…any help is much appreciated!

thankyou, Ryerye

All that means is try to make sure that the BIOS version the 'board ships with is compatible with 3rd Gen. Ryzen CPU’s - some older stock may not have been upgraded. If you try & get the mainboard & CPU from the same supplier, try to ask them to verify that the two parts are compatible before they ship them.

That means that if you use an m.2 slot for a HDD, you’ll disable 2 of the mainboard S-ATA ports - only an issue if you’re going to fill the case with storage drives.

This means that some RAM sticks may interfere with the CPU cooler it they are a bit on the tall side.

General level of spec. isn’t a million miles away from the machine I use - go for it.

NB: You seem to be using PCPartPicker, so that much is additional cred. points… :smiley:

1 Like

I would rather spent the money on 3600Mhz RAM instead of RGB :wink:

3 Likes

tip from experience RGB RAM tends to be taller than standard RAM and does not fit under large processor coolers as is required for the ryzen series, i had ballistix RGB and wouldnt fit so had to change to standard vengeance

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.