Fish guys and mechagnomes reputation

Hello there, guys! I have returned to WoW after a long break after BfA launch, hehe. I have a simple question, how long does it take to earn revered reputation with the Ankoan and the Rustbolt. I’ve just finished the Pathfinder Part One and I didn’t see that these two reputations are required for the second part. I farmed reputation for the first one one week and I hoped I’m done. I know I’m behind and I can’t have it all but sincerely this week was exhausting, rep grinding is exhausting. I feel like I don’t have enough time to do the things that I like because I’m trying to grind this for flying.
And do you have some advices for making some money? I have minning and herabalism. Thanks in advance guys!

Welcome back!

I sympathise. The Nazjatar and Mechagon reps really don’t take long in calendar time, but they feel like an eternity. Horrible places, too. I really don’t want to spend time in either of them.

The fastest people did them in about a week, but they did crazy stuff like waiting around for hours every day to grind rares for rep.

I was behind the curve, because I actually didn’t even start Naz for several days after the patch, and I certainly did not go around camping for rares! I see it took me 17 days from the launch, including the time I hadn’t bothered entering, so probably about 2 weeks.

Here are a couple of guides laying out the various sources of rep. Don’t neglect Contracts! You can get a teeny amout of rep there by doing World Quests back in KT/Zandalar. Every little bit helps in this dreary trudge. FWIW, I think most people are likely to get Ankoan first, so if you are applying a Contract, consider whether it should be for Rustbolt.

As for gold, the easiest and fastest way, I’m sad to say, is to buy a Token and sell it on the AH. You make money in RL a lot faster than you make gold in WoW. If you do want to make that gold in game, my standard advice is:

up to 50K: farm old raids for a week

up to 250K: farm old raids for a month

up to 1M: herb (might as well mine as well while you’re there) in Nazjatar 24/7 while farming old raids

1M+: git gud and sell boosts

10M: get your MBA in TSM and manipulate the AH.

2 Likes

It took me slightly longer than 2 weeks and I didn’t do everything that rewarded the rep, just most of the stuff. In Nazjatar I did all story quests, then dailies and World Quests every day and in Mechagon I did the quests and then dailies and one world quest.

Thank you guys!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.