Fishing skill on Dragon Isles seems bugged since 10.1

Ever since 10.1 hit fishing has become extremely unrewarding, which I believe is caused by a skil bug. Since 10.1 open water fishing results in much more grey trash than before.

I recreated this top comment on WoWhead: https://www.wowhead.com/item=198403/islefin-dorado-lure#comments

I also used a Isefin Dorado lure, with the difference that I used a bit higher skill (158) and more perception (200). I also fished for 30 minutes and these are my results:

128 items fished up

x24 Cerulean Spinefish (18.8%)
x24 Aileron Seamoth (18.8%)
x24 Scalebelly Mackerel (18.8%)
x9 Islefin Dorado (7%)
=81 fish (71%)
x33 junk (25.8%)
x8 Dull Spined Clam (6.3%)
x4 Ominous Conch (3.1%)
x2 Copper Coin of the Isles (double drop, 1.6%)

The biggest difference prior to 10.1 is that the junk in open water fishing has increased massively and Omnious Conch has dropped a lot. It feels like the game does not see fishing skill anymore. That 200 perception should result in more Conch drops and I really shouldn’t get this much trash. If people back in december with worse skill and perception have much better results, something is definitely off.

Edit 1:

I repeated the test, but this time without the Islefin Dorado Lure. Results:

133 items fished up:

x17 Cerulean Spinefish (12.8%)
x23 Aileron Seamoth (17.3%)
x37 Scalebelly Mackerel (27.8%)
x12 Islefin Dorado (9%)
=89 fish (66.9%)
x31 Junk (23.3%)
x10 Dull Spined Clam (13.3%)
x3 Copper Coin of the Isles (2.3%)
x0 Omnious Conch (0%)

Again, very poor result in junk items and this time no Omnious Conches at all. I’m gonna run one more test, this time without any perception and not above 100 fishing skill.

Edit 2:

Did the 3rd test, no fishing gear (so skill at 100) and no perception. I’ve cut the test short at the 15 minute mark as it was obvious skill still does have a very big impact:

67 items:

x9 Cerulean Spinefish (13.4%)
x2 Aileron Seamoth (3%)
x16 Scalebelly Mackerel (23.9%)
x4 Islefin Dorado (6%)
=31 fish (46.3%)
x36 junk (53.7%)
x0 Dull Spined Clam (0%)
x0 Copper Coin of the Isles (0%)
x0 Omnious Conch (0%)

It looks like the scaler for skill has been tuned down a lot. A few weeks ago I was able to level fishing a bit (still far from 100 skill) on an alt and get trash+fish at most casts, without a fishing rod equiped. That alt has 200 casts on its name and is sitting on 32 Omnious Conches. That character has not opened any Tuskarr Tackleboxes and did not do dailies.

Today I did over 300 casts on my main, in all scenarios I had a higher skill, and only 4 Omnious Conch drops.

Something is definitely off.

1 Like

As this is not an issue the Technical Support team can assist with, please be sure to use the in-game ‘Submit feedback or bug report’ button to report any concerns that you may have to our development teams, so that it can be properly looked into.

As soon as i stepped onto DF i went fishing in that pool where the trainer is.

Pre-10.1

i got 70 of those fish that do a +5 in fishing skillups
90 of others and a few of those green dorado things
hardly any trash

in 10.1 with a new toon
Got nothing but trash to sell with maybe 15 at the most. The vast majority was to sell. Trash

The difference was so stark that i noticed it right away.

EDIT…i fished from 0 to 100 in both sessions

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.