Fist Weaving

Hey all was thinking about making a monk to fist weave on as I like the sound of it and it’s something different. Was just wondering if it’s viable and easy to pick up?

Depends on the content you plan to do.

In raiding it’s getting increasingly viable but it’s an almost pure throughput healer that doesn’t top the charts while it really should. By the looks of it most people are opting out of Faeline Stomp now in favor of Sheilun’s Gift but you’ll be punching the boss for mana and Rising Mists all the same.

In M+ it’s good enough to do most keys. Still the weakest healer. Misplacing Faeline Stomp can be devastating and it’s probably the only healer ability in the game right now that can punish you this badly for misuse. Big AoE pulls tend to be quite easy to heal through but you do have to stay in melee to do so.

In PvP we’re pretty powerful right now in an unorganized setting but it’s a tough and unforgiving playstyle. Season 2 will add a PvP talent that will alleviate some of that, but you’re still a squishy healer that goes into melee so it might still only be good in solo shuffle where people don’t communicate burst.

3 Likes

Michiel summarized it very well.
The only things I’d add is that with regards to faeline stomp it’s not just player error that can ruin your day but external factors (and rng) such as voidzones, mobs dying too fast, tank having to move them etc. . I don’t want to play a round of 4D chess every time I want to use it, nor do I want my tank to think of me as a fifth affix.

About fistweaving in general, it’s extremely fun but it’s significantly easier if you have experience as a melee, otherwise you’ll struggle to split your attention between constant positioning and using the party frame.
All in all my issue is not throughput (or even an arsenal of healing CDs) but the lack of reliability and convenience thanks to stomp.
Despite blizzard’s constant attempts at killing this spec, I still consider it more engaging than other healers.

3 Likes

Tha KS for your replys guys I’ve got level it first but probs looking at mythic plus for a min before raiding.

1 Like

I just got KSH on MW, every minute of it was a blast. While climbing up the rio ladder you learn to place it well, and its effects linger since 10.0.5. I can count on one hand the times I “misplaced” FLS during my ~200 run and even that is a non-issue since you can have Ancient Teachings from Essence Font, we are not dependent on FLS. DF M+ is basically a swirly bullet hell game and not having to cast is an awesome quality of life. AT passive 25-35k hps on an average mob pull requires no attention or reaction it is just there by doing your damage right, only mistakes and mechanics need to be reacted to. We dont even need to keep hots up on the party for this. The fun comes from having access to short interrupt, stun, displacement and ccs that contribute a lot to minimising party damage, while our overall damage is probably the highest of all healers with the exception of some evokers. I dunno about being the “weakest healer”, maybe? But we know how player perception works, if your class is the last in an arbitrary chart by being 2% behind the meta it is trash. It sure has 0 implications on your fun and success rate under +25 keys. Most long time MW players and streamers are extremely content with the current state of MW. I have been healing with everything but pally for years and this is the most fun I have ever had. But I am just a me, try it yourself :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey all, thanks for the feedback on the spec I’ve decided to go ahead and give it go as some of you said it’s fun.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.