Fistweaving

Hey guys just wondering if anyone knows will fistweaving be viable in 10.1 as I’m reading the tier set bonus has no effect on this.

Thanks in advance.

I think CF and Yulon will be the play. Sure u do ur RSKs and so on for spread and extend RenM.

BUT: AT feels incredible bad, it does nothing on AoE Healing, especially when you only can hit 1 Target. They 25 % HP Buff hurts really bad.

My opinion: we need to play around Vivify much more, especially in heavy AoE Situations and with the new Tierset and the synergy with CF, AT is not viable anymore compared to CF.

I never understood the community’s obsession with AT becoming a smart heal. It only does relevant healing when you’re cleaving 3 targets with 3 stacks of teachings, in which case you get 12 ticks of healing in one second so they’re distributed perfectly onto damaged players.

Ever since they removed chi and broke the spec the real enemy became your own mana bar. Originally it was fun to swap between styles in different situations or when you needed mana, but as things stand today, if I’m forced to tunnel vision on the raidframe like the other classes then I’ll just roll to a healer that’s actually fun and strong.

In M+ fistweaving is still the way to go simply because your dps matters. In raiding Faeline talents work even on single target. I’ve used it on every boss but I’m the only MW in the top 100 HPS that ran Faeline talents on Raszageth. It won’t be meta because while it contributes (slightly) more to dps, it does less raw HPS and is harder to play. Unlike the other builds it doesn’t demand Innervates to function though but perhaps the 2-set will solve that.

With the recent Essence Font buff I genuinely doubt this Yu’lon/Clouded Focus build that only spends mana on Enveloping Mist/Vivify becomes the new meta, though. Ancient Teachings got better as well for a raiding environment as it’ll contribute less overhealing. I’d wager the Chi-Ji/Ancient Teachings build with Essence Font triggering it remains meta and I can imagine MW actually doing quite well this tier due to all the QoL changes/buffs we’ve had.

Because it felt rubbish having RSK crits heal a guy at 99%. The change has made it close enough to a smart heal so I’m not too unhappy.

100k? That’s almost…a quarter of my HP.

That’s fair. :stuck_out_tongue: This was mostly regarding before the questionable healer nerf and very annoying/impactful in PvP.

Isnt that healer nerf only of impact at the start of the patch, gearing still needs to start etc. So in time this " nerf". will disappear like it was never there.

I fistweave in M+, and hope it stays since it’s not fun without! Only reason I find this spec interesting !

Obligatory statement how Fistweaving and all other forms of -weaving are misleading terms, because there’s no single cut and dry defintion of every single term and you cannot know how many nodes you have to change to swap from term a to term b.

We’re Mistweavers. We heal.

Back to topic:
The style you described as “Fistweaving” is still the meta and will continue to be. Vivify heavily benefits from having a lot of Renewing Mists active, aber there’s only one way to have significantly more than… just using your charges on CD. Which is playing around Rising Mist and pressing Rising Sun Kick.
Playing around Rapid Diffusion in isolation is just not feasible and you begin to lose your precious Renewing Mists while you’re still trying to build them up.

So while it looks like the tier bonuses, both 2pc and 4pc, look like very casting centric, you still benefit more from it if you use Rising Mist and Rising Sun Kick.

Why Yulon and Clouded Focus then (For Raids!)?
Thanks to the 2pc bonus, we can afford running Yulon without help from other mana sources. Yulon is better at casting more Enveloping Mist in the same timeframe, because you dont have 2 GCDs between each to build stacks of Chi-Ji. Also Yulon basically forces you to take Gift of the Celestials, because Jade Bond does virtually nothing for it.
More EnvM means more ReMs. More ReMs means, more Vivifies that hit for 40% more!

Now Clouded Focus seemes to be VERY caster centric. After all, it is the alternative to the iconic Ancient Teachings! But Clouded Focus’ bonus to Vivify healing also effects the cleave healing. Which means, if you have more cleaves, more of those will also receive the bonus. I think you’re now seeing the trend. Pressing (almost) the same buttons as you’d with Ancient Teachings is the most effective way to use Clouded Focus. You just channel Soothing Mist once right after Yulon or any other time you need to make use of a high Renewing Mist count.

Also, the Clouded Focus bonus is multiplicative with our Tier Bonus.
So a 100 Healing Vivify does not get +60 (60%, CF) and +40 (40%, Tier) = 200!
It will do 100 x 1.6 (60% mod from CF) x 1.4 (40% mod from Tier) = 224!

tl;dr:
Pressing RSK is still the best way to play Mistweaver in 10.1

Greetings from Peak of Serenity

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.