Fix assassination rogue bug please !

• IT TICKS ONLY 4 TIMES OVER 4 SECONDS, INSTEAD OF 12 TIMES OVER 4 SECONDS. AKA, IT DOES 66% LESS DAMAGE THAN IT SHOULD.
  • BLIZZARD ITS BEEN A -YEAR- SINCE YOU BUGGED IT IN 8.1 AND ITS STILL NOT FIXED WTF ???
1 Like

It’s working as intended, where did you take info that it ticks 3 times / second? There is no dot in game which ticks that fast. Stop with boring talk “blizzard it’s been blah blah blah” if you don’t know what you are talking about. *12 is damage formula, not tick count lol

It takes 2% of your attack power which is variable here and multiplies it by 12, then it’s divided by 4 and this is tick damage per second.

Please, learn to read brackets.

It ticked once every 0.5s in Legion, when it worked properly, when the wowhead formula was “12.5AP12 over 6s”. Because we are smart we were able to deduce that 12 is two times 6 and thus it confirmed what was seen in game, tics every 0.5s (twice per second alright) for 6s making a total of 12, as written in the formula.

Not to mention EVERY WOWHEAD FORMULA works like this. If you see, for Rupture, XXXAP12 over 24s this is because there are, guess what, 12 tics !!! And this is the case with every single DoT you can find there.

Now with all that information in mind you can very safely deduce that if the current formula is XXXAP12 over 4s then we should see 12 tics in total. Which should be 3 times per sec. And this is not the case. Also if you compare tooltip damage done and actual damage done in game you can notice that it is off.

This is kind of out of place when you seem not to know how the formulas available on wowhead work, and have worked since they were first introduced. Oh and also…

Yes there WAS, and it was Creeping Venom, during prepatch and at least the first half of Season 1. This is btw why it was used as a talent during S1, to proc BFF super fast. But well. You maybe did not know and decided to tackle OP instead. Smart move.

1 Like

Exactly!
/char

Doesn’t wowhead also say the buff says it deals damage every second?

“Suffering (2% of Attack power) Nature damage every 1 seconds. Moving while afflicted by Creeping Poison causes it to refresh its duration to 4 sec.”

Seems conflicting to me; looks like the buff is accurate and the formula isn’t.

Should also be noted the Legion buff stated it dealt damage every 0.5 seconds.

There is nowhere on the current build’s wowhead tooltip that reads “every 1 second”.

Don’t take WoWHead tooltips at face value.
It does 36% AP Damage over 4s.
So 9% AP Damage / s.

I dunno guys, im with the OP, i mean it sounds like a plausible blizzard rogue mechanic. Then again it should probably be 24 times and not 12 in that case.

OK fine i will lay this to rest for you, it clearly states in the brackets that it deals 2% attack power multiplied by 12 over the 4 second duration, this is not stating 12 ticks, it is stating AP formula for the abilities total damage. It is not clear because it should probably just state 24% ap damage…

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.