Fix Mithril spawn

For the love of all that is Holy please fix it so we can actually farm mithril veins, been doing loops and loops around Hinterlands and maybe ill get luck to get 1 vein per hour.

Meanwhile in ungoro the small thorium veins are spawning every 2mins without stop… common blizzard

4 Likes

this is true

1 Like

its funny how thorium spawn at a stupid fast rate, ive had moments where rich thorium would spawn on top of another rich thorium vein but trying to get mithril is nearly impossible

bump

Hinterlands is probably the most excessively botted zone. Bots are a main reason why you cannot find anything, but on the topic of node spawns I agree, they should boost the spawn rate of all ores by 2x or even 3x.

1 Like

bump

/10char

Levelling up mining at the mithril stage was a nightmare, I went azshara

1 Like

You can farm in Uldaman or Maraudon

I feel you man i tried farming Hinterlands today, only found 2 veins… its a complete mess right now.
Damn mining so broken at the moment !

Wait till you hit Fel Iron…

3 Likes

And Adamantite …

Can’t imagine how it will be with Titanium lol

1 Like

just do maura loops, easy mode

1 Like

This is a terrible idea. The only thing this is going to achieve is giving the botters more money, Inflating the economy even more, And even more gold being funneled into RMT.

1 Like

Thorium is bugged, shouldn’t respawn that fast, sometimes respawns instantly as you mine it.

Mithril you don’t see because you all go to same zone(s). I was passing through Blasted Lands yesterday just to get a quest item for Hellfire, and found 4-5 veins between portal and Nethergarde Keep.

Wait until you see Wrath ores and herbs, you’ll be finding barely any nodes, and they’ll be pricey on AH.

Sholazar is best for it if I remember well enough. But it’ll be farmed hard, so Icecrown might end up being better early.
At least we don’t have PvP servers anymore (99% horde 99% ally) so you won’t be ganked trying to mine it.

But will definitely be lot of seeing it on minimap and finding someone’s already mining it.

Economics 101, buddy.

Thorium is literally worthless now due to the bugged spawn rate. How is that giving thorium farmers more money?

Prices fluctuate due to server pop, botters can easily just load up on resource and then realm transfer to where it’ll sell for better prices. Another thing to consider is yes essentially you’re right, How is it then going to help anyone to just make 100 billion mithril nodes? You’ll essentially just kill the market for it.

It never was a feasible market for real players anyway. Spending 15 minutes in outland to find 1 vein is not a worthy farm. Spending 15 seconds to find a vein is also not a worthy farm, as the price will crash.

Lol lmao, Of course it was a viable farm. You could make decent money with gathering proffessions when the xpac’s were current content, The difference nowadays is rampant botting. Not saying botting didn’t happen back then i’m sure it did BUT i’m sure for every one bot in 2008 you have 10-20 now. Additionally i can directly dispute your claim that it wasn’t worth it with my own experience in classic. During tbc phase 2 and 3 one of my common gold farms before i switched profs were farming firebloom/purple lotus/black lotus. Black lotus sold for approximately 40 gold and had a zone wide 5 min respawn timer, If you have the zone to yourself that’s a potential of 40 gold per 5 minutes or 480 gold per hour just from lotus, Now add in potential mithril/thorium/other herbs you’re picking up as you’re doing loops and you’re pretty cozy.

For me i had to spend hundreds of gold, roughly 500 i believe on 40 gold a stack of mithril ore to pass the mining stage. Veins are botted excessively and the bots i reported so far are still running rampant.

I have no delusions of passing the mithril stage on JC is going to cost me hundreds more , and it hurts my soul to feed these abusers more gold on their AH sales.

1 Like

40 is even good, on PV it was 60g+ a few days ago lol