Fixed Malefic Affliction… when bugs fix gameplay

I don’t know how is Affliction community feeling but I will miss Malefic Affliction bug from M+ perspective. More I was thinking about it, more I had feeling that it was not breaking the game. The key aspect of ability was still to not let Unstable Affliction drop.

Additional problems which was solved with this bug:

• Priority target swapping - with Malefic Affliction does not drop, you feel more freedom about changing priority target during the combat (let’s be honest, Soul Swap in the current form solves nothing, 1 shard cost and 30 seconds cd is a joke).
  • No interaction with Seed of Corruption - at the current form Malefic Affliction does not gain stacks with Seed casting, this is little shame as it is also our shard spender. With bug it’s not longer a problem as you carrying stacks from pack to pack.
7 Likes

Yeaaah in PvP with UA not offering any reasonable dispell protection it aint great either. Compromise: Have it 10-20 second lingering duration after last UA was removed.

1 Like

How Malefic Affliction worked the past few days was amazing, and it dident feel overpowerd. And now they revert it… do the wlock devs even play?

So again we have to spend 3 soulshards, on MR, to get max effect on doom blossom , and refrech the stacks for each pack in M+. What an unfun gameplay, and for an allrdy soulshards starved spec, in many cases.
This bug fix will force the use of MR, and wont give us much room for casting SoC.
I only do M+ content, and can only speak for that.

Well done blizz.

1 Like

Forgot to mention… now u have no access to Soul Tap so if tank sleep or it’s not possible to chain pull, or there is RP then you start only with 3 shards instead of 5.

With no possibility to pre-tap the Malefic Afflictions stacks should be reduced evenly.

Does anyone know how druid/hunters/shadow makes their community drama so they always receive nice updates? :sweat_smile:

Yes. They detected fun and removed it. Nothing new. Keeping the stacks was the best thing that happened to affi.

Or keep the MA tracking the UA timer and only drop if that timer goes to zero, even if your UA target died.

Ah shoot and I thought the bug was intentional. I loved it in M+ … Actually made Affliction properly playable with doom blossom. I was doing same damage or more as DHs, monks and rogues in 20s yesterday lol.

It didn´t feel OP, it just made the specc so much smoother. It made affliction an okay specc for M+ …

2 Likes

Even with Dread Touch on bosses or priority add… it was like playing a different class that you start to like to play :frowning:
Hope (its most often used Affliction word) we will see it working this way in short future.

You still need to been focused to not make Unstable Affliction drop

1 Like

You know what’s kinda interesting? When you start considering if we would really be that broken if that talent wouldn’t exist at all and would be simply flat buff to UA with Dread touch procing as is right now. It would be incredible QoL upgrade. Would it really yeeeet us in broken territory?

It was so not broken and so “smart class design” that I was start thinking that it was intended. But I was naive…

My logic behind was that actually I’m not letting Unstable Affliction drop so that’s why stacks are not dropping…

2 Likes

yeah same.

It is actually what I thought and it is very sad this was just a bug, because like you said it felt like a really smart class design. I doubt it, but I hope they see this thread and change it back to how it worked during the bug ^^

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.