Fixed mmr?

I don’t actually follow streamers, but how nice for you that you do. I’ve already explained the reasoning behind why I’ve said everything, you’re the one who doesn’t want to think anything bad of a corporation for some reason.

Does it really matter though? If it was not a bug - they are gulty. If it was a bug - they are still in charge, so guilty again.

Even after the mmr fix there will still be a problem of low pvp participation. Less active players >>> no healthy environment for casuals on 1600-2000 segment.

1 Like

Considering the amount of times i’ve sh*t on this company for different things this statement is actually hillarious. Especially because it’s basically “you believe them this time? LOL YOU WOULD NEVER THINK BAD OF THEM”. Yeah, sure.

That’s quite literally what you’re doing. You’re taking their words at face value this time for no compelling reason whatsoever. And by doing so, giving them the benefit of the doubt.

And you are taking out your tinfoil hat and throw out assumptions and try to sell them as facts. It’s basically the same as when people tried to tell the public that Covid was released by their respective government to enslave the population.

As long as i don’t any valid proof i have to give them the benefit of the doubt. Not guilty until proven guilty. That’s how it works.

You won’t get hard proof of anything since that’s part of the company’s secrets, protected by non-disclosure agreements.
You’re free to make up your own mind. But you haven’t presented anything to support your claim other than “these nice people said so, so it must be so”.
Meanwhile, I’ve explained my reasoning several times already, to which you haven’t really presented anything against it.

Which literally is: “this nice person Bewarê said so, so it must be so”.

No, my reasoning stands on its own. Maybe you haven’t read it? You should give it a try first.

There’s clear incentive for them to say what they said. There’s clear incentive for them to throw out a white lie. There’s nothing you’ve said that proves otherwise.

And that incentive has already been explained, to which you’re constantly trying to dodge it and throw out ad hominems.

“Wellllll MY resoning is waterproof and stands on its own! YOUR reasoning however does not for some reason!”

I am not dodging anything. Everything you’re saying still remains assumptions. Nothing more. You have no proof.

And saying “yeah well their incentive is blablabla!”. Yeah, you know. The incentive of the government to release Covid on the world was you know and this and that!

2 Likes

There will literally never be proof for one or the other because it’s part of their IP, which is protected by non-disclosure agreements and the only things they’re allowed to say is what they’re told by the marketing department. This is basic. Yet you’re weirdly hung up on it because it serves your purpose, to which you’ll always only believe what you’re told like a good peon.

Meanwhile the comparison to covid19 conspiracies is a laughable leap at best, simply because of its many holes. The financial impact alone already discredits any such claims, and then there are loads of other consequences which nobody wanted.

How about you come with a real argument instead, hm? Your “there’s no proof” is about as hollow as OJ Simpson’s defense, mkay?

Or should I just sink to your level and respond with:

“Yeah, well they said this so it must be true, a corporation will never tell me lies! Blablablablabla”

It was either a bug or someone rolled the MMR back way to far on accident. Either way it was Blizzards fault.

3 Likes

So why bother? Can’t we just be happy that it’s resolved, bug or not?

And what exactly is my purpose?

Ofc, how dare i not believe you like a good peon, right?

Yeah, i mean, there weren’t any financial impacts with covid right? There never were politicians who made a fortune through mask producing companies which ended in a huge scandal at least in my country. Never!
(don’t get me wrong, i am not a covidiot. What i am sarcastically referring to was actually in the news).

What do you deem a “real” argument anyways? There is no proof of your claims. That is fact. End of story. No point diving deeper into it, Blizzard would never admit it if you were right. So as long as we don’t go full Tom Cruise and break into Blizzard headquarter to steal their secret plans from a safe guarded by fully armed veterans we will never get a clear picture. And since this is just a game i honestly cba as long as i can play the game the way i enjoy it.

I don’t even say it must be true. I just don’t see any reason to doubt it because i couldn’t proof them wrong even if i tried to anyways.
And i am aware that corporations lie to their customers. I don’t live in a cave. In this specific case i just couldn’t care less if they do. Or don’t.
Also: conspiracy theorists lie to you just the same.

Deflating and controlling the inflation rate is not that simple.

Do you honestly think they sat there and said oh ye man roll it back to 700 mmr thats definitely going to work?

Surely you have been playing this game long enough to know how blizzard does things?

As I said, it’s not that simple. But to boil it down, they have to set the inflation rate to slower when they’re expecting a lot of players, and set it to faster when they’re expecting few players.

The problem was that it was going slowly, with few players. So similarly to how investing works in the most basic manner, it led to a belief spreading like wildfire that the MMR system “doesn’t work” and that it’s “not increasing”.
Which led to players becoming discouraged from participating, so the rate of participation fell even further and created a feedback loop, all originating from that slower-than-usual inflation rate that wasn’t matched to the actual participation rate.
The slow inflation rate made the participation rate lower, which in turn made the inflation rate slower, which made the participation rate lower. So on and so forth.

So would they admit to incompetence in the decision-making, or blame it on a bug? Players generally have a higher tolerance for bugs, since everyone used to software knows that bugs will occur. So when they blamed it on a bug, and say they’ve been working on a fix, it both implies it’s a tricky bug to fix, as well as that they’ve been showing due diligence to solve it as you’d expect of a developer. Thus increasing trust on a macro scale.

But what if they had admitted to incompetence in the decision-making? For one, it’d further damage players’ trust in the decision-makers, which some might say can’t be damaged any lower for themselves but when talking about a macro scale then that’s a real concern for a corporation.
It’d also keep the anger fired up, because then people would demand that they make the right decisions asap, since they’d then have been told it was due to bad decisions that it led to this, in this hypothetical. Their twitter would likely also not look too great with dirt being thrown at them there, figuratively speaking.

But because they blamed it on a bug, people calmed down, the anger went away, and people had been effectively crowd-controlled.

tl;dr:
Admitting to bad decisions would anger crowds since they’d then believe they had “been done wrong”, while blaming it on a bug calmed people down since it’s just part of the usual when it comes to software development.

Bro you’re arguing with a conspiracy theorist who is more interested in writing essays on forums than actually queueing in the game, he’s a waste of your time.

3 Likes

If the gameplay is so bad, i would not blame him.

I want to see Bloodlock go full Tom Cruise in blizz headquarters.

3 Likes

Actually funny fix. Everyone will be hardstucked at 1700 instead of 1500 while facing still the same people as before. But atleast everyone has excuse for their incompetency.

Idk what exactly they fixed but somehow you are barely losing any rating at all.