Fixing the "fix" with just 2x 10% honor?

Blizzard is obviously responding to the pressure that the playerbase is putting on them, but they will probably never address the main issue which is the fact that they in combination with the absolutely ridiculous 10x honor nerf also squished the prepatch to 1/3 of what it originally was out of pure greed (it’s no conspiracy theory, they obviously did it cause the fiscal quarter is ending). Their response to the outrage was “we’ve seen a lot of feedback that the rate of Honor earnings could stand to be increased”. So let me translate that for you: “This was totally not a mistake on our part and we’re just gonna imply that you guys are crybabies but we’ll give you a double honor event just to shut you up”

6 Likes

It’s 2x100% honor actually the reason the values where lowered because they where wrong. What’s next you complain that players reach 70 with an honor cap and can get full PvP gear day 1 caused by the double honor or “pre-nerf” honor.

The main issues are not the honor gain but the short pre-patch and the overly expensive level 60 items compared to cheaper level 70 items.

1 Like

Honor gain is still WRONG. There are video evidence from 2006-2007 showing that you could get 40 honor for solo kills. Now it’s maximum of 14… That is WRONG and a big change.

4 Likes

You do realise kills have diminishing returns and even with your fake values that’s 35% not 10% show us some of those videos,Also how can you verify that its not from a private server?

The honor gain is still wrong. The amount of honor that players get from Honorable Kills is wrong. People could easily farm the PVP gear back in the real pre-patch, not because they had more time but because they earned much more honor.

Stop whining tbh. Yeah we have to put in a grind, but atleast its achievable now. The honor we gained on the first day was just ridicolous, so stop comparing anything to it.

Its obvious that activision dont allocate that much resources to classic(kinda understandable?), but atleast those who are on it listens to us. Its much worse on retail i can assure you.

Gonna need to see evidence I played back in tbc and the values is what I remembered farming the honor it was always alot of bgs for items.

Shorter pre-patch valid point
Expensive legacy items valid point
Honor gains unconfirmed without proof

1 Like

Here you go.

How we REALLY got our TBC honor (with sources) - WoW Classic / The Burning Crusade Classic Discussion - World of Warcraft Forums (blizzard.com)

Well they are doubling honor from hks aswell, so its gonna be max 28 now

10/10x2=??

I guess every video from 2007 are from private servers.

Thanks looked at most of that the video looks legit but it’s based off level 70 battlegrounds not level 60 battlegrounds and they look correct.

The images are the same also took level 70 even look at the hp values there is no way of knowing if the images are from a private server so their is no way to verify it not proof.

He points to patch 2.4 diminishing returns blizzard have been cherry picking what they want at the start of the expansion like one hand weapons to main hand looks like diminishing returns is the same getting 2.0 instead of 2.4 versions.

What I need is a video of the pre-patch or tbc at level 60 battlegrounds Vs level 60 players.

the honor gains from 70 Vs 60 is big It’s like wow classic being level 50 it’s way less honor per hour than level 60 it’s why you don’t see many grand marshals under level 60.

1 Like

There are a bunch of videos in these two threads linked by others, if you have time you can scroll through them and just look for the video thumbails quickly. I remember seeing yesterday that there was people in the original pre-patch getting much larger numbers in terms of Honorable Kills.

How we REALLY got our TBC honor (with sources) - WoW Classic / The Burning Crusade Classic Discussion - World of Warcraft Forums (blizzard.com)

We are winning too much honor points per BG - WoW Classic / The Burning Crusade Classic Discussion - World of Warcraft Forums (blizzard.com)

Based on what Ive seen and read yesterday I think that bonus honor is just fine, HK is a little bit too low BUT the main point for me is that prepatch is much shorter so its nice that they increased honor gain at least times 2. We have bigger chance to gain close ammount of honor as ppl back then in loger prepatch.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.