Fixing WTS boosts

Instead of the player typing stuff in the field, use the key name and level as the party name. Players never get to type anything.

Same for raids - just have it “Sanctum of Domination (Heroic)” as a name.

I don’t think removing manual typing from the name and description of the group listing will hurt anything - nobody reads that anyway. I’m looking for a range dps, I have it in the name of the group and dks are applying. Nothing of value will be lost.

Boosters will continue existing - however, in order to advertise a high key, they will need… a high key. Currently, boosting spam is done mainly by characters who just dinged 60 and have zero rating. That’s because boosters don’t want to risk their mains. That makes sense.

Then give players the ability to filter the dungeon finder by key level and voila. Boosting spam dramatically reduced.

1 Like

or just actively ban people who boost in the group finder chat…

they wont do that but it is always the best option

1 Like

I sincerely hope they automate banning boost spammers so nobody has to even check the reports.

i mean wow is already at a low …

now is the perfect time to do something good… to win back some favour with the players…

start banning boosters…

2 Likes

Some Blizz dev can just go to the RMT boosting websites, order a boost, pay for it, see the names of the characters that will boost them, ban all of them. Then refund the payment.

problem is there will be others to replace them , or other ways to do it… they are like cockroaches very hard to kill off completely.

its like capturing a jellyfish… awesome you cause one but it just laid 1 million eggs lol

That’s why you have to yeet the geared mythic raiders that have all the progression behind them. Maybe consider killing their entire bnet accounts including WoW2, 3, etc. Banning a few that way would be enough to send a message.

There’s a few things community action can do to curb RMT boosting specifically but I’m not sure how legal it is to mention it publicly. I’m not even talking about the TOS xD

honestly i wouldn’t go that far…

but removing them from being able to chat or post messages of any form in game would be a good start.

The mass amount of boosting services and their advertisements are a direct result of Blizzard turning this game into a world of rating slavery. Want to get rid of the boosting services? Fix the game. Don’t blame the sellers.

1 Like

Boosting exists in every MMO. Very few MMOs allow boosters to advertise so blatantly. Market growth is proportional to the advertisement. Curb advertisement venues, you hurt the entire market by removing its visibility.

i can’t argue that really. but the sellers themselves dont help matters… i know they are just taking advantage of how the game is designed… but still itsa hard one to call really… will have to think about it.

i personally hate the gearing ilvl and raiderio and all that nonsense personally…that much is certain.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.