Flying not upgraded to 310%

All of my characters with 280% flying have not been upgraded to 310% speed.

I was of the understanding that in order to save costs, the 280% would be upgraded to 310% and for new characters the 280% would not exist.

Is this intentional?

Seems like it is. There was never a statement what will happen with 280% characters.

Existing characters keep what riding level they gained, whether it can no longer be obtained or they’re too low of a level for it normally.

Well at first on the Beta, it seemed like existing characters with 280% would get auto-upgraded to 310%, and fansites reported on that, so I understand the confusion.

Well it could have been an iteration they backed from. Obviously anything in beta is not official or final but people still jumped the bandwagon hyping it.

How is that fair, that your 280% flying mounts are now stuck on 280% with no option to upgrade to 310%, but new characters can pay for 310% flying?

Any character who had previous Riding skills kept them, even if due to the level changes, they would now be a lower level than the Riding skills were changed to.

The big change however and where I can imagine some of this confusion is coming from is that Artisan Riding, the old 280% flying level learned at level 70 pre-squish, is no longer a skill learnable at the Riding Trainers.

Instead of there being 3 levels of Flying skill, Expert (150%), Artisan (280%) and Master (310%), there are now just two, Expert (150%) and Master (310%).

If you have a character who knew Artisan Riding, they still know it, and will still fly at 280% speed.
They can also still upgrade to Master if they want to go faster just like before.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

It helps to know this is intentional.

But I do not like it haha!

2 Likes

That clarified it, thanks.