Follower Dungeons - Initial Daily Limit

It’s a temporary measure likely to avoid server overload, besides that I am genuinely baffled how the response to this can be so harsh. These things take 20~ minutes per run, were you really going to spend 3+ hours every day running follower dungeons?

1 Like

Would be best if in every dungeon help different NPCs with different Classes, like for example tank Warrior in Uldaman and DK in Rubby Lifepools (yes I got DK Dragon mount in Legion >:3) or healer Shaman in Neltharus and Monk in Halls of Infusion.

Glad you have the resources for this.

Any plans, at all, to fix defile, ever?

Maybe loyal customers would prefer resources to be spent on other things they feel are higher priorty?

Yeah shadow priest is in a terrible state in raiding right now, that is definitely much more important than these follower dungeons. I agree with you.

1 Like

I dont think limit does matter anymore because you can make new account.

Those AI followers, if well done, require a certain amount of computing power. AI followers a bit more complicated than fully scripted bosses or mobs. I could see them wanting to limit the number of runs initially to see how demanding the AI followers are on the servers. They only tested this on the PTR, not on a really large scale.

Welp there goes my alternative way of levelling a new class from 60-70 without having to do the damned story areas AGAIN :triumph:

from what i saw from footage they either follow you or you can click something that makes sure the group will lead the way. Idk how far ahead they will go without you, but it might be able to possible trough them. Or atleast semi afk

Why do you think this is? Theres always a huge lagg when new zones/features hit. Many people are likely to try these follower dungeons out the moment it hits. So having so many different dungeons with smarter than normal npcs active might cause some severe server issues.

It does say initial daily limit after all, meaning the limit will likely change after the launch

This feature seems to have never been inteded for lvling, its simply a way to explore a dungeon and maybe take it at your own pace while seeing the story and actual art in the dungeon, its not so people can actually afk lvl, that was never promised and seems to be head-canon that you guys made up.

For the intents and purposes of what this feature was for its already far more than you will need, seeing as there are 8 total dungeon added in Dragonflight, this means that you can if you want experience all the dungeons and an additional two that you really liked i suppose EVERY DAY.

So for it’s actual intents I think the limit won’t be reached anyways so it won’t be a problem.

Not to mention there is this massive exclaimer

Stop jumping the gun and just see how this goes before actually shooting it down, also this was made for new players/players who aren’t comfortable in dungeons with other players, so I somehow doubt they had vets who simply are bored and want a even FASTER way (not like you can lvl in a single day by doing timewalking) to lvl in mind.

So, sorry but that’s a expectation that you made and not something promised.

Of course things are subject to change and for all we know you can use these effectively, in which case it’s possible the limit was set that you don’t burst through the lvls in a day like permanent timewalking. At the moment on ptr people suspect around 1/3rd of a lvl per dungeon so if you have rested it’ll take about 3-4 days to get the 10 lvls needed so I ain’t really complaining, its pretty chill and I don’t mind taking it slow personally.

That’s very true, and I’ve just had a ‘wait and see’ attitude about it. I get people who assumed it’d at least be sorta decent xp tho, even if not great, because in FF14 it’s a viable if slower way of leveling and it works fine there. They have enough in place to ensure plenty of players will still run dungeons with other players, instead of just opting for npc’s. As it’s the biggest competitor afaik it makes sense people’s expectations were/are along the same line with this :slight_smile:

I think if it is a success practically speaking, they may expand on it. Or not, it might lead to potential issues and for Blizzard to have to rethink dungeon rewards (carrots for LFD) or manipulation of player behaviour in dungeons (smaller possible pulls, more streamlining to ensure noone gets lost etc) to combat the behaviour that can be perceived as toxic and that way try to ensure LFD participation.

Regarding this part, this was true up to a while back, but xp was nerfed after that. It’s still PTR so it may change again once it goes live. From what I read, with the latest version it’s about 5k xp for a dungeon run.

Yeah that aint great, but I don’t think it’ll be too big of an issue, seeing as like I mentioned that’s somewhat irrelevant seeing as what the intentions with this feature were.

What I do think is interesting and what alot of people will use this for is transmog farm, seeing as you might not be able to solo it depending on class and ilvl but with this you can farm it whenever you want.

If they extend this feature to the old world dungeons, you can bet I’ll be using it too to farm without actually having to go there myself.

I think for now it’s in the experimental phase for Blizzard themselves, to see how and how much players will engage with it. I do hope they’ll reconsider the ‘just story and learning mode’ stance. For those of us who strongly dislike the gogogo mentality with pugs, dungeons are unappealing full stop, and running it with pleasant robots as an alternative leveling path would be fun! It’s already slower, with somewhat decent but not great xp it’d naturally be the lesser of the two options for plenty of players.

Torghast did (somewhat belatedly) get a daily quest and access for 50 to 60 which worked ok for leveling (I’ve heard, never tried it myself).
So have a daily dungeon quest with reasonable xp (maybe near a level) would be fine, the fact that it was a daily quest would limit it to once a day (per character).
We could do with a bit of a boost to level for alts at any rate, doing the same four zones over and over isn’t fun for many players.

1 Like

Yep… doing it again now, boring! :smile:

At least this time it’s with a good friend, so that ups the fun factor by quite a bit lol.

WoD pet battles give 2.5x that…

A dungeon run at 1/3rd of a level would be ok, just about. Although if a daily quest suplemented this to nearer 2/3rds or a full level then I’d be quite happy with it.

1 Like

except followers has nothing to do with AI - they are just scripted npcs. Increased load comes from amount of launched instances tomorrow, when everyone decides to level an alt in those dungeons just to realize that exp earned is non existent.

Useless garbage, waste of that 1 developer’s time