For everyone who still thinks Sylvanas wasnt evil all along

Please, go to a classic Server of your choice.
Create an undead Characer.
Start the game.
Listen to the Forsaken Intro.

Then come back and tell me you still believe Sylvanas was a well-meaning Horde Ally at any point in the game…

2 Likes

she was clearly a saint i mean clearly all those civi’s in classic deserved to die and lets not forget the noble act of creating the new and improved blight truly a heroine of her time

hey remember that time when she promised that human knight to help him save his kingdom and totally keeped her promise and didn’t kill him or anything oh wait

She was evil all along, but she started becoming a huge threat to this world in the war of thorns.

1 Like

Their whole reason for existing was vengeance against the scourge. Making a good impression wasn’t really the priority.

4 Likes

The big difference that seems to upset people between then and now isn’t that she’s somehow more evulz… It’s that she’s now an even bigger moron.

6 Likes

Ok and? She wasn’t a gigantic moron back then?

Turning your back on a FREE-WILLED gilnean patriot wielding a shotgun, how would you call it?

2 Likes

This obviously needed another thread.

5 Likes

of course it does Zarao i mean what else can we talk about then how evul Sylvanas is

2 Likes

I don’t recall specifically stating that she wasn’t moronic in Cata. I don’t recall too much idiocy in Classic/Vanilla, apart from trusting a Dreadlord…

It’s not true that now she is an even bigger moron. She is just as moronic as she was back in Cataclysm. Anyone who paid attention to the bombing of Gilneas knew that she was behind the Burning of Teldrassil.

She never trusted him. She never trusted anyone. And he served her well, as a scapegoat after the failed assassination attempt on the Lich King.

Ok, to reiterate then: leaving herself vulnerable to a Dreadlord.

She did trust him, by naming him leader of the Deathstalkers and entrusting him with waging war on Southshore. She is an even bigger moron if she hands out such important tasks to someone she does not even trust. But that wouldn’t even surprise me.

He served her well… by causing the truce between the two factions to break completely, ousting her from her own city, and almost summoning the Lord of the Burning Legion into the world?

1 Like

Alliance broke the truce by attacking vengeance landing.

Ah, you are one of the people who still belive the whole Wrathgate Arc and the Siege of Undercity happened without Sylvanas pulling all the strings?

To be fair, it worked with the NElves.

She was simply ahead of her time then.

Given how they were marching together at the Wrathgate, No.

Ah, you are one of the people who still belive the whole Wrathgate Arc and the Siege of Undercity happened without Sylvanas pulling all the strings?

No. I am the guy who believes the right thing. That Sylvanas ordered to nuke the Lich King, but failed to anticipate Putress going rogue and attacking the Horde and Alliance too, while in the meantime acting with Varimathras to take control of her city.

If Sylvanas WANTED Varimathras to summon the Lord of the Legion like he tried to do, then she is easily the stupidest character in the entirety of Warcraft. I mean, she almost DIED in that coup d’état. She is stupid, but I refuse to believe she is that mongoloid.

To be fair, it worked with the NElves.

She was simply ahead of her time then.

Just wait for it. Delaryn will backstab Sylvanas.

Not really, the whole thing was genius when you think about it. She ordered to blight the whole damn army to kill the Lich King. Any casualties were acceptable.
This could have gone 2 ways:

1. The Lich King dies. In that case, she wouldnt care if she became the enemy of the living, she achieved her goal. remember, after the Lich King died, she originally wanted to die anyway.
  2. The Lich King survives. In that case, she needs someone else to take the blame. And who better to be the traitor than the Dreadlord, an agent of the Legion? A little manipulation here and there and she could make sure that he was a beliveable scapegoat.

If the Assassination succeeded, she wouldnt care if he summoned the Lord of the Legion, because, in her plan, she would be dead by then. And the world that turned its back on her would burn. Total win for her.
If the Assassination failed, she surely had failsafes in place to allow the Horde and Alliance to stop Varimatras in time or take care of it herself.

And for her almost dying… We only have her word for that. Noone saw it. She literally just showed up in Ogrimmar after the Attack and told everyone “I barely made it out alive! They took controle I had no idea that this was happening in the City I have total controle over and spies at every corner…”

1 Like

No. She was almost killed in that coup d’état. And her plan to scapegoat Varimathras didn’t work at all because her reputation with the Horde was severely stained after the Wrathgate.