Forsaken Building Architecture

As someone who primarily plays Undead Characters, I’m personally not a huge fan of the new architecture that we’ve seen in places like Howling Fjord or the new Brill. I think it’s a shame that Blizzard are trying to give the Forsaken a new identity, without actually doing the groundwork for it. Furthermore, as someone who grew up playing Warcraft 1-3, I love when we’re able to encounter buildings or creatures that we can easily recognize. Like the skeletons of Turtle Submarines.

So I’m hoping that when the time comes to Revamp Tirisfal Glades, Lordaeron Ruins and possibly Undercity, that we can go back to the more recognizable undead designs, such as the Ziggurats, Temples of the Damned, Slaughterhouses and possibly a Necropolis floating above the Lordaeron Ruins.

Especially after our time in Shadowlands, getting a look at the Maldraxxus architecture, which is very closely resembling the Warcraft 3 Undead architecture, but with its own Maldraxxian twist. I’m honestly hoping to see something similar to that for the Forsaken, instead of these weird buildings we have now, that in my opinion doesn’t really fit into Warcrafts general aestetic. Even some run down human buildings would be great, as Forsaken are still Humans with a slight living impairment. I really miss our old Inn in Brill :frowning:

I’d love to hear people thoughts on this, and which building architecture you prefer :slight_smile:

I prefer the design of Vanilla Deathknell and Brill, I loved those zones because it reminded me that the Forsaken were originally people. To me, ziggurats have always felt like something alien. But I understand where you are coming from and each to their own.

“new” archiitecture he said :rofl:
Tht one is like 15 years old.

at least they gave the forsaken threi own acrhitecture and not (re)use old humans ruins which was in classc the case.
Tbf, it gave them a more…distinct look

Meanwhile Orcs and humans got even get a newer generatiof of architecure with WoD , more resamble the Warcraft 3 Orgin (espacaly on the Orc side)

I think it was nice they were given their own identity instead of just having abandoned human architecture.

But I appreciate everyone is different.

1 Like

That’s Scourge… WC3 undead were Scourge, not the Forsaken. Forsaken are humans who remember their old lives, so makes sense for them to be in old human settlements.

3 Likes

Well for a large portion of The Frozen Throne, we’re playing as Sylvanas leading up to the formation of the Forsaken, at which point they’re still using Scourge Architecture, as both factions are Undead.

I do however agree that we should be using primarily what looks like run down Human buildings. But having stuff like the Temple of the Damned instead of a Church in our settlement.

Didnt really make sense for the Forsaken to use Scourge architecture and I never liked it. Was glad to see them getting new buildings. Moving forward, assuming we still get race-architecture that isnt Horde=Orc and Alliance=Human, I’m hoping they’ll slim down the buildings a little bit and make them look more in line with whats seen in and around of Lordaeron with that forsaken twist.

Also I too am very politically correct and appreciate that everyone is different :joy:

I miss them living in abandoned villages and old crypts.
Not a fan of the current architecture at all. It’s too stylized and sticks out like a sore thumb against the design of the old world.
The sylvanas statue in Brill is probably the ugliest thing in the game.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.