Forum Improvements

How?
It’s just a number next to a Thumbs down. It shouldn’t hide posts or do anything, that’s what reporting is for.

I’m not a fan of downvotes esp with the current system where you have huge number of characters per account you can just downvote on. I do understand why some people want them.

There is a whole load of studies to show it does not have a positive impact on discussions or posters.

If it were to be introduced it would to not hide the posts as well.

2 Likes

When Thumbs Down was removed I didn’t mind as I agree that it’s not always very helpful.
But the number of posts that are Flagged because players simply dislike what is being said is worse.

A simple cosmetic Thumbs Down (no hiding, ignoring, reporting etc.) should be ok. They should be Account limited though, so only one per person.

3 Likes

A few things i want but not required a us and eu forum which doesn’t require an account on other region to use more ways of interacting with posts i.e thumbs up and down. Maybe bnet integrating though would ruin some of the threads in the rp sections. Maybe monthly dev q and a on forums which isnt reddit

There may be different solutions to that problem. First that comes to mind is “penalties” for wrongful flagging, eg: 3 unjustified flags, You get a warning. Two more - Your ability to flag is disabled for a specified time (eg. 3 months). But this would require

, who would actually check if the post is justly flagged, and not an automated system like we have now.

If this post is to be believed:

one of the requirements for TL3 is “Don’t have more than 5 Spam/Offensive Flags”. Since

You might just be a victim of unjust flagging. AFAIK, theres no way for You to check if Your posts are being flagged or not (apart from being hidden due too many flags).

1 Like

This would be good but has 2 drawbacks.

1. Needs real Moderators to check these things.
  2. This could be a little subjective.

But I do agree that would be better.
A Thumbs Down would be easier to implement though.

1 Like

Because the moment something gets that negative number, people will start to gloss over it.

1 Like

If it gets that many negatives maybe they’ll be saving themselves some time.
But also maybe they’d be curious as to why someone got such a reaction. There’s a reason social media algorithms prioritise negative content, it generates engagement.

1. Bring back dislikes.
  2. More communication from Blizzard, even if they just chat on the forums.
  3. Allow level 2 users and above to make polls.
1 Like

If so that’s dumb. Other users shouldn’t be able to take away someone else’s trust level…

It’s a shame really because every time a blue posts on a fun topic they get shot down with why aren’t you doing this that or the other

1 Like

The flagging alone isn’t enough, it has to a flag that was actioned.

Battletag posting.

Then we wouldn’t have to deal with characters disappearing from the list so you can’t even select them to post on. It’s been MONTHS.

And people wouldn’t be going around posting on multiple characters and spam liking their own post and so on.

1 Like

It also makes the person making the post feel invalidated and less likely to take part in discussions. Unless they are a pure troll trying to get those reactions ofc.

Battlenet account for posting.

I dont really know how the MVP program functions now, but if they wanna keep that then i think they should also make sure they update who is and who isnt MVP’s aswell. I dont think there has been any new MVP’s after Puny got promoted? And im sure there has been other helpful persons on here in that time. I also remember back in BFA/SL there were also MVP’s that were barely ever here but never lost their MVP status (maybe they are gone from MVP program now). Ok program to have, but make sure the MVP’s are actually still MVP’s.

Trust level could use some rework aswell.

1 Like

This and not being silenced when people disagree with you

1 Like

The only ones I recall is CS MVPs and other languages. CS MVPs no longer exist and we are all just MVPs.

Well it was never clear to me at least what kind of MVP they were. I just remember some of them showing up once in a blue moon and it always made me wonder why they were green posters. They probably earned it at some point ofcourse.

1 Like

I’d feel bad for them, but frankly, they deserve it for cultivating such an audience like this.