Forum Improvements

What features would you like to see on the WoW forums?

I’m not suggesting any of these can happen but I’m curious what do you think could be done better?

2 Likes
  1. Actual moderation by real people.
  2. More communication from Blizz team regarding the discussed issues (like classic currently has).

Edit:
Also: allow people to create surveys/polls.

14 Likes

Bring back the Dislike Thumbs down option, it shouldn’t really do anything apart from show the level of disagreement with a post.
Too often posts get Flagged because some folk disagree or dislike something being said. Flagging should be rare and used for extreme comments.

9 Likes

The biggest one for me is that I would prefer we use bnet tag. It would stop all the silly shenanighans we see with alt posting, alt liking, alt flagging (against the rules), imitating other players (I think people would be less willing to change their btag to troll and it will cost them each time to change), having conversations with themselves etc.

Under the current system MVPs are not allowed to post in the CS forum so we have a de-greened char to do so. I understand that they want all the coloured replies to just be from staff and that stands out more that way. But to swap back and forth is a nuisance, more so because I can’t pin the two characters at the top of my list. Or that the list might work on the basis of most used characters to post.

9 Likes

Battlenet based posting so people can’t do stuff like mass report with alts.

5 Likes

Do you mean polls?

Yes, exactly. I’ll edit for clarity.

1 Like

An “ignore user” function.

Unless one already exist and I just havent figured it out.

This;

and this:

are the things i’ve thought about many times and would like to see done.

There is an option to ignore. Click their name, view activity button and then on their profile page at the top right, there’s an option set to ignore.

Problem is that it only ignores that character which is why bnet tags would be so much better.

3 Likes

I wasn’t aware. Thank you.

2 Likes

In your own character profile go “Preferences” and the “Users” to manage ignored characters. It will also let you ignore people with hidden profiles as the option is not available from their profile.

3 Likes

Yep that’s another way also (forgot about hidden profiles). Just make sure you enter names with correct server name appended.

Originally, I was against the idea due to privacy and stalking. Of course that arguement doesn’t really hold up under scrutiny; anyone can request you to be their battlenet friend by right clicking your character these days and can find your character on WoW anyway.

All the points you mentioned are very good, so I would be in favour of it as well and probably use a different account I have anyway but that’s just me being :dizzy: special :dizzy: :dracthyr_crylaugh:

It seems to be used in the other game forums, so why is it not used in WoW?

Yes, definitely, and from EU blues. This used to happen a longtime ago but now the only blue posts are the announcements posted by US CMs. More interaction does have its problems but it would be nice.

Definitely this - but don’t remove the flagging option too. Disagreeing with an opinion and reporting rule breaking in a post are 2 very different things.

Almost yes to this. I was very anti this when it was first suggested years ago but there is more of a point to it nowadays. I’m still a bit wary of having my battletag completely public and would appreciate the option of changing it if this was implemented.

But then we’d either be green everywhere or white everywhere with no swapping … or have I missed something obvious?

1 Like

definitely battletags.

Merge EU and NA forums, especially with the rarity of blues reactions in EU.

It’s an unnecessary hindrance / requirement to have an NA account + char to post there. We play the same game anyways.

4 Likes

With bnet names you can also just deny the request. At present anyone can make a char on your realm and message you or send you mail.

Punishments dealt to the correct people

1 Like

Moderation not done by bots or people that are on par with them.

2 Likes