Forum Improvements

It’s been 4 years since the single incident in my 8000 post history… which probably means it was 6000 posts ago, none of which I’m aware of having been actioned :confused:

The trust system is about as transparent as a brick, and ngl I gave up trying a long time ago, but it would be really nice to know the how and what to do if I actually wanted to climb its ranks.

This, actually. It feels like the last MVP was years ago. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not advocating stripping anyone of the title - but I suspect many old MVPs have just disappeared and won’t be back, meanwhile no replacements have been chosen. It’s almost like the goal is to have them vanish by natural attrition.

Or it was the original FOMO cosmetic system :dracthyr_lulmao:

Anyway, wrt forum improvements; forum character profile should list all the characters owned by that bnet account. No more “hiding behind level 10 alts” problems. Also your post count/stats should be associated with your account, whichever name and icon you choose to go with today. Sometimes it would just be funnier to drop a comment with a particular character, but it stops being funny when it isn’t connected to my main forum identity and it’s just a rando with 3 posts :confused:

Btag poating is used on all the other blizz forums.

Its how you appear in other blizz games too.

Im not sure i see the issue. You are free to feel its an isue ofc. Im just genuinely surprised :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Then the issue is not a flag. This system only started when they moved to discourse.

But the fact that we cant pinpoint which area the activity is lacking is such a pain. If your profile showed you need to read more or like more or whatever then posters would have a much easier time reachimg TL3.

2 Likes

Moderation system on any platform is so great where AI just takes actions rather then a moderator reading the report.

Indeed. That and honestly, if people are upwards of 5000 posts with no flags; we could consider them trustworthy?

Although perhaps the truth is that the forum team really does not want too many people able to post gifs and memes. It probably would get pretty image heavy.

Which doesn’t stop the requirements being clearer, and if they need to be even higher, then so be it.

These are the standard requirements set by discourse

Trust Level 3 – Regular

Regulars are the backbone of your community, the most active readers and reliable contributors over a period of months, even years. Because they’re always around, they can be further trusted to help tidy up and organize the community.

To get to trust level 3, in the last 100 days…

• Must have visited at least 50% of days
  • Must have replied to at least 10 different non-PM topics
  • Of topics created in the last 100 days, must have viewed 25% (capped at 500)
  • Of posts created in the last 100 days, must have read 25% (capped at 20k)
  • Must have received 20 likes, and given 30 likes.*
  • Must not have received more than 5 spam or offensive flags (with unique posts and unique users for each, confirmed by a moderator)
  • Must not have been suspended or silenced in the last 6 months

This is pretty much mirrored in Pachimari’s FAQ which is pinnned here

https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/the-ultimate-forum-guide-codes-trust-levels-faq

Blizzard can and probably have adjusted those requirements so they may vary slightly ofc but most people who attained TL3 from the start within 50 days met the list you see.

Poor Twilly never got TL3, always getting a time out poor dude.

1 Like

I don’t post on other forums, because WoW is the only Blizzard game I own except for hearthstone which I never play.

The issue is that the btag contains my real name.

1 Like

And then there’s those of us who got it with a beta and it just stays permanently and is account-wide, lol.

Ah I can see that would be a problem. My btag is Puny so it maintains my anonymity.

1 Like

Yup!! I understand why they do it for beta testers so you can include images when giving feedback on forums but again seems odd it’s perma.

1 Like

Same. In my reply somewhere upthread I said I’d be ok with battletag posting if we were given the option to change the tag before it’s implemented.

1 Like

We all got one free change

Remove likes, dislikes and the ability to hide posts. This is where you discuss the game and there should be nothing that prevents that.

I wanted to avoid doing this, but sat myself down today and got that sorted. The only sad thing is that I can’t be a Vulpera on there, but I did manage to grab “Life” on some dead server at least!

I hadn’t realized how easy this is now. I didn’t need to download anything and even my addons worked right out of the box. Not that I needed them for the first ten levels, but it was still nice to see how smooth switching between regions has become.

1 Like

The lack of mogs is the worst! I should check to see if anything from this plunder event is available stateside.

1 Like

Just checked, and sadly no, the Plunderlord set (or anything else from the event) isn’t available.

(And I will not be grinding this out again. :dracthyr_lulmao:)

1 Like

I don’t agree with Btag but a single identity would be useful.

Advertising btags is just a weirdo magnet and too many people add their names etc into the btags.

1 Like

There’s a single free rename if you’ve never used it before, I believe if they do a public forum battletag they should give another if it comes to it.

@Alewín, Punyelf

I agree with this. To give both of You a bit more to think about, please see this:

Punyelf posted this Discourse rules:

To get to trust level 3, in the last 100 days…

1. Must have visited at least 50% of days

2. Must have replied to at least 10 different non-PM topics

3. Of topics created in the last 100 days, must have viewed 25% (capped at 500)

4. Of posts created in the last 100 days, must have read 25% (capped at 20k)

5. Must have received 20 likes, and given 30 likes.*

6. Must not have received more than 5 spam or offensive flags (with unique posts and unique users for each, confirmed by a moderator)

7. Must not have been suspended or silenced in the last 6 months

Also, Punyelf linked the old CS MVP’s post, that lists the following requirements for TL3:

1. Visit the Forums on 50% of the last 100 Days

2. Read 500 Topics created in the last 100 Days

3. Read 20,000 Posts created in the last 100 Days

4. Like 30 Posts

5. Receive 20 Likes

6. Reply to 10 different Topics

7. Don’t have more than 5 Spam/Offensive Flags

8. Don’t be currently suspended in any Blizzard Game or Forum

Now a bit about myslef:

I frequented the wow classic forum a while ago, on my classic char. Got silenced in May '22 (not a native english speaker, it’s sometimes hard for me to say what english words are inappropriate, since they’re commonly spoken in pop culture), and the silence also expired back in May '22. After the silence I stopped visiting forums at all, and (due to unrelated reasons) quit wow until around December 23. Thus, by all accounts in 2024 i should have a clean slate on wow forum.

Now, this char is the only one I’m posting on since i returned to wow. My summary says i joined forums on January 11 this year, so all the activity was made since then. Those are the stats:

Days visited: 73 (so i had 73 days visited in the last100 days, as per point 1 in Discourse rules [DR] and point 1 in the CS MVPs post [CSP]).
Topics viewed: 963 (matches point 3 in DR and point 2 in CSP)
Posts read: 23,2K (matches point 4 in DR and point 3 in CSP)
Likes given: 620 (matches point 5 in DR and point 4 in CSP)
Posts Created: 185 (matches point 2 in DR and point 6 in CSP)
As established at the beginning, I am not currently suspended or silenced, nor have I been since May ‘22 (matches point 7 in DR and point 8 in CSP).

The only thing that I’m unable to check is point 6 in DR and point 7 in CSP – number of offensive flags. Notice that CSP didn’t outright copy the Discourse rules, but has it’s own wording, with “with unique posts and unique users for each, confirmed by a moderator” missing. Might be an omission, might be on purpose – I’ve no way to know.

Since I seem to meet all the other criteria for TL3, until now I thought that I haven’t received TL3 due to flags. But since Punyelf said:

I’m at a total loss. AFAIK, after May '22 no action has been taken against me. Either the rules are outdated/incomplete/incorrect/not applicable due to other circumstances, or it is as I thought and getting flagged is enough to disqualify You from getting TL3 (not saying You are wrong Punyelf, just confused by the whole situation).

Would be nice to have the rules clarified.

1 Like

Dont work. I have one person there and yet I still get notifications of them commenting on my posts even though I have them on ignore. Which also means they can still see your comments and respond.