Forum Improvements

Hide thread button when.

You can use the option “Mute” at the bottom of the thread, and it should hide the thread for You iirc.

I advocate same, all in same place. More activity and less need to read two separate forums.

1 Like

I’d like to see them merging the English EU forum with the English NA forum or, alternatively, allowing players with an active WoW subscription to post on either forum. The D4 forum works that way already (only requires a license for the game).

3 Likes

I would get rid of trust levels and just let people post links and pictures.

5 Likes

You can do that already.

Add a US starter account to your existing bnet, level a char to 10. Hey presty you can now use the US forum courtesy of your EU sub.

Thumbs down are prone to straight up kill arguments even if they aren’t wrong hence it’s removal was fine.

At most if it was reintroduced it should only detract from the likes making it so that a post can never display in the negatives.

1 Like

But post in US forums with out extra steps. That was he was referring to.

Also I hate to post with alts. I want my main to be public.

Also, at this point I dont know why they dont just do “wow forums” in general.

I feel really excluded in the EU forums. I have the impression nobody reads them from Bliz. They only read the US ones. If they read them at all because they don’t communicate that either.

And the other language forums (FR, ES, DE) im 100% positive blizz cares even less about them.

3 Likes

That’s fair enough. I have a Punyelf over there and one over here and an extra Punyelf so I can post on CS :rofl:

You dont count. Was it you that had 30 paladins or something like that? :smiley:

2 Likes

:dracthyr_hehe_animated:

3 Likes

They should sell downvotes in the cash shop. This will make people show commitment to the cause.

3 Likes

As much as people will hate me for saying this. I think WoWs forums should use the Battle.net name like the Overwatch and Diablo forums.

Alongside that, I think WoWs forum (and Blizzard forums in general) need a rework in their Trust Levels policy. Because I have been commenting and posting here for 2-3 years now AND STILL can’t post a simple picture without using Preformated Text for the links due to the System blocking me.

It would be also an option to just add a trusted image website to the trusted URL list so players can post screenshots, etc. that are verified by automated systems and filtered for inappropriate content. And those links then can be shared here for am embed image preview.

That aside, I don’t know much that could or should be added here.

2 Likes

Yeah, same. Just because I think there’s also something in there that wants you in the forums each day… which is ridiculous and unhealthy.

1 Like

Merge it with the US one. There is no reason for them to be separate.

3 Likes

That or play the beta… :eyes:

battle tag instead of char name

Other than different clients and different resets, and always being out of sync with staff.

Get rid of MVPs, we’re all players, no need to elevate some over others. The only differentiation should be between players and paid staff, and there should be more of the latter visible in the forum, especially in CS.

Been on numerous old forums where there’d be integrated ‘minigames’ (before they transitioned onto smartphones) users could play and compete against each other and showcase their scores or earned visual highlights to their profiles and avatar… just fun little stuff like that.

1 Like