Forum Trust, how does it work? What are the adcantages of increasing it and how do I do it?

OP, try changing your character. Do you have regular on all your chars? Then its a beta trust level, they are accountwide.

In that case I think the Mods removed my ability to post pictures/links, even tho I was a regular at that point. I quit for a whole month after that and now I’m a Member

Member now (tl2) bacause u were inactive. Need to be active quite alot to maintain it.

No Sinaaki you didn’t understand what I meant.

In January I had TL3 and it says “regular”. I even logged out and in, it didn’t change. Yet one day I couldn’t post pictures at all. Despite me being still a regular.

So I quit wow for 1 month after that, and became a member upon my return.

So yeah they removed my ability to post pictures for some reason. Probably for that one troll post about deleting blood elves from the game, although (a Certain Blood elf mage) made 100 similar posts and he never got his picture posting taken away until recently. Forum bias at best:

The system might have taken a while to update your profile - my profile still said “regular” for 24 hours after I got a very short forum vacation, but I couldn’t post pictures and stuff as the actual trust level was removed, just not updated on the profile.

But sometimes some pictures don’t post, regardless of trust levels, so you might have just been trying to post an incompatible link?

Hmm, that’s very strange! Is there a beta for TBC Classic which they might have given account wide TL3 for? The only other time I’ve seen TL3 given without meeting the requirements is when a streamer/famous player has posted on the forum (just one post and Blizz give them TL3) - so are you a celebrity? :grin:

2 Likes

That’s just completely unreasonable and ridiculous in my opinion. What’s wrong with these people?

MVPs and people who got beta can’t lose trust level 3 unless they get banned, but the rest of us have to actively maintain it? Utter nonsense.

Pretty sure I read somewhere that even MVPs can lose TL3 due to inactivity.

I very rarely view post or log in to these forums, I did not get into the Classic beta. The only beta I ever got into was over a decade ago. Strange

I’m pretty sure they had alpha on their accounts, so maybe thats why they had instant TL3 aswell :slight_smile: but yeah, being a big shot streamer seems to help.

Or just git gud and get beta access. Ez.
I can do whatever I want.
Don’t have to post actively to keep it.
Even got banned and still got it.

3 Likes

It’s actually hella easy. Just scroll down juicy threads. Did 10k in like 20 mins haha, pretty sure it works that way, got TL straight after last time. The music thread and high elf is 5k if ya just scroll straight through it all.

1 Like

Trust level checker links just return 404’s for me…

As for ‘easy’ - try getting TL3 after getting any kind of disciplinary on these Forums…

1 Like

The Trust Level is RNG, depending on too many unfair factors as other forum users and how they handle opinions they disagree with.

1 Like

No swearing, Im out! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

Expecting a Dwarf to NOT swear…? What Utopian ideology is this…?

1 Like

That trust level checker hasn’t worked in a long time however, it tells you in your profile now what you are. It’s just words instead of a number. You can also just look at your own json.

For you that would be https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/u/eighjan-terokkar.json

If you search for ‘trust’ it will come up with the various levels you’ve got to. I can see TL2 for you.

1 Like

Ta, Puny… I’ve accepted that I’ll never be any higher than 2; not even sure I WANT any higher any more.

1 Like

People who have lost their TL3 due to a timeout have got it back again.

Or the beta route but that requires luck :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like