Forum Use Rules - Clarification please?

This is weird ā€¦ itā€™s showing Poisonenvy at the top ā€¦ but Rowtan when I start typing ā€¦ let me fiddle a bit ā€¦

Okay ā€¦ I told it to switch characters at the top ā€¦ from PE to PE ā€¦ and I think this might have worked ā€¦ it allowed me to start typing a reply to one of my own posts on my realm recruitment post ā€¦ but when I tried to post it, it came up with the following pop-up:

ā€œPlease wait for other users to participate before replyingā€

*Edit ā€¦ I then went and switched back to Rowtan to try and delete that post again ā€¦ and it seems to have worked ā€¦ kinda ā€¦ just says it has been deleted and will be removed within 24 hours. I didnā€™t realise it wasnt an immediate thing.

Ah I see, so you just cannot be the first responsder (so to speak) to your own thread. Once someone else has posted a reply, then you have free reign to post as much as you like. I can only go again with my suggestion that you get an officer from your guild to reply to it for now and I will see what I can find out in the meantime, may take a while. :slight_smile:

So do you think that, if I can get one of my officers (or someone else) to reply to my thread just once ā€¦ then I can reply to it (and myself subsequently) as often as I want? (within limits ā€¦ I mean, normally I tend to just reply if I think itā€™s close to getting locked ā€¦ because I donā€™t want to have to start a new thread, and thereā€™s the possibility someone may want to ask questions)

*Edit ā€¦ no thatā€™s not the case ā€¦ I just tried to do a second reply to myself here ā€¦ and got the same message.

Link me the thread please, I will reply, then see if it unlocks for you.

(you know this is against the forum rules, right? :stuck_out_tongue: https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/code-of-conduct/#cross-linking)

Done, can you post in it now?

Make sure you use the Reply BUTTON at the bottom of the thread rather than the reply link in your last post. That could be the issue. Reply to the THREAD not to yourself.

I love that guy :stuck_out_tongue: But no ā€¦ that didnā€™t work. I could obviously reply once. But when I tried to reply again, no go. And then saw I might have used the wrong reply button ā€¦ tried again ā€¦ still didnā€™t work

Odd. I really donā€™t think it is anything to do with my rank level, but I will try and highlight this issue to the community team to see if it is known and/or intended.

Thanks, that would be great. It was kinda mentioned in a previous thread (that is now locked ā€¦ Iā€™m getting really concerned about the forum rules here ā€¦ theyā€™re REALLY strict! ) Forum Posts locked for inactivity .. how does it work?

Well the only difference between you and I is that you are trust level 2 and I am trust level 3. It is possible that they remove reply restrictions once you reach level 3 I suppose. You are probably not far off level 3, I do see you around often :slight_smile:

• Visit the Forums on 50% of the last 100 Days
  • Read 500 Topics created in the last 100 Days
  • Read 20,000 Posts created in the last 100 Days
  • Like 30 Posts
  • Receive 20 Likes
  • Reply to 10 different Topics
  • Donā€™t have more than 5 Spam/Offensive Flags
  • Donā€™t be currently suspended
    in any Blizzard Game or Forum

haha yeah ā€¦ itā€™s that 20k posts that is causing me problems ā€¦ think Iā€™m only up to around 7k and it feels a bit dishonest (and very time consuming) to just scroll through a load of random threads without actually taking the time to read them :stuck_out_tongue:

*Edit ā€¦ I am starting to collect cow gifs though :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Okay, I have a small update for you.

The restriction to replying to your own post isā€¦
You can only reply yourself 3 times (account wide) before someone else must interact with the thread. Obviously I canā€™t see which are your characters in that thread, but if those replies are all your characters, it will prevent a 4th reply from you until someone else (in the test we didā€¦ me!) posts which resets your counter.

So really you do need perhaps a guild officer to do the first bump (legit post, not just ā€œbumpā€ obviously) and then you have 3 posts before you need an officer to post again etc.

I think some of these restrictions also are time limitedā€¦ I have recieved a popup where I was answering to fast, similar to the spam thing ingame.

So if you wanted to reply to fast after the last post, you might be stopped

So ā€¦ just to make sure Iā€™ve understood.

I can create a post ā€¦ and Iā€™m allowed to reply to my own post (as long as itā€™s not simple bumping) with other characters on the same account, up to three times. After that Iā€™m unable to reply to my own post with any of the characters on my account until someone else replies to reset it?

If that is actually supposed to be the case then, obviously, itā€™s not against any rules to reply to your own posts with a different character on your account, in order to circumvent the ā€œcanā€™t reply to your own postā€ thing.

Having said that, also, that ā€œonce youā€™ve replied three times from any character on your own account, someone else needs to replyā€ isnā€™t working ā€¦ because that thread I linked ā€¦ theyā€™re all my characters (other than you).

Yes, this correct. THough there may be a timeframe involved too which addresses your second comment :slight_smile:

1 Like

okay cool. Is that ā€œunable to reply after three timesā€ an actual hard stop ā€¦ as in ā€¦ if Iā€™m not allowed to, it just wonā€™t let me ā€¦ or as in ā€¦ if I do it again I get told Iā€™m being naughty? :stuck_out_tongue:

And yeah ā€¦ itā€™s either broken (because Iā€™ve been able to reply more than the three times), Iā€™ve accidentally gone over a ā€œshhh donā€™t tell anyoneā€ limit that doesnā€™t do a hard stop on you doing it, or there is a time limit involved (ie, you can reply again after x amount of time)

It just wonā€™t let you.

Also, I missed your earlier comment about cross linking. Itā€™s fine to link to other threads for a reason. Cross linking is posting a thread on one forum, then posting links to that thread in many others vying for attention. In this case it would not be considered cross linking. :slight_smile:

Ah cool. I found that rules thing and read through it and started freaking out because basically I thought Iā€™d broken at least three of them lol. (I deleted mention of that colour of Shaman because that was a rule too!).

Question then ā€¦ if weā€™re allowed to reply to our own posts on alts ā€¦ why canā€™t we just not go through all that hassle, and just post on the same character? Apart from anything else, it would make it much more clear who was posting :stuck_out_tongue:

Actually, I think you can. It may require the FIRST reply to be of a different character/account, but you can reply 3 times in a row on Poisonenvy after that I believe.