FPS drop and spiking! (Mac)

Good Morning Guys and Girls!

I’ve searched on multiple forums for some assistance with trouble i’ve been having ever since the current patch update.

I’m running a 2018 Macbook Pro Retina Core i7 2.9GHz 16GB 512GB 15
Inch Laptop With Touch Bar. (i’m a casual player hence no desktop set-up)

This has been more than enough prior, I can run on high/Ultra and retain 60fps.

My issue is regardless of what i’m doing, whether that be in Boralus or in a Mythic + I get FPS spikes, It will drop to 21ish FPS for a few seconds and shoot right back up to 75fps and so on within the space of 30 seconds!

Other than the patch update, I updated my ElvUI which now scales resolution, I’m wondering if it has something to do with that?

I currently have to use EasyRez to switch my resolution and run WOW in low resolution mode which i’ve been doing since the start of BFA which has caused no issues previous.

If you need any further information to assist please let me know, and apologies if this is somehow in the wrong ‘section’ or anything like that. I very rarely post!

Xeluna X

I think there is already a thread on this. I have this problem when I’m using a different application on a second monitor, but other people have reported your problem as well.
You can change resolution in “System preferences”->“Display”->alt-click:“Scaled” and check “show low resolution modes”. There is no need for an application. You can also turn down “render scale” in the game but it’s a bit less effective. The fonts will look better though.

Thanks Abu,

I got so fed up yesterday I just uninstalled Elvui, turns out there new update is the culprit, it was causing the spikes and drops!

I logged in after uninstalling and I had a solid 60 - 70FPS!

Going to look for an alternate UI thats similar!

Thanks for assisting!

Xel

Happy to hear you found a solution Xeluna. Addons can be a lot of fun to play with, but can cause some odd issues at times as well. :slight_smile:

Have a few seconds to spare? Let me know how I’m doing!