FPS drops in patch 10.1

Whenever im in valdrakken or newer content from DF expac, everything works fps wise.

But, whenever im in ANYTHING older than DF expac, the game goes directly to 60 fps, and its locked there no matter what i do.
This has happened since ive updated to 10.1

Tried everything. Installed new graphics driver, disabled all addons, all the ingame graphics set down to low, still nothing. I get steady 60 FPS no matter where i go…

I have a
13600k CPU
3090 GPU
32GB RAM

THIS SHOULD NOT HAPPEN BLIZZARD :cry:

Hi , I had the same problem and a solution for you.
Delete the config.wtf file in the WTF folder and log into the game. You have to set the graphics option again but that fixes the problem.

6 Likes

No, it’s doesn’t work. Game have memory leaks, because fps drops 2-3 times after 10-15 minutes in game.

Games been running pretty bad ever since pre-patch. Doesn’t matter if it’s a fresh install of WoW, OS etc.

1 Like

Nah, topic about 10.1 patch. In zone where was 144 fps, I get now only 60-80. Not all, but a lot of people saying the same

It was a stuttery mess for me until 10.1. That fixed everything except the stuttering when flying over the ah in Valdrakken.

Its not a memory leak, had the game running for 14 hours straight yesterday and it didnt crash, nor did it reach sus heights of ram or vram usage. Idk what it is but its weird, the game will be running fine and then it just randomly goes to 30 fps for literally no reason, tried checking task manager, tried checking absolutely everything msi afterburner can monitor, disabling all addons, nothing seemed to drain my hardware. I deleted my config file, didnt do anything. My CPU has never surpassed 40% usage during the 14 hours, my gpu never got past 30% even when playing 4k videos on 2nd monitor.

It seems to me like there are some parts of the game that just arent optimized since there is literally no reason why my framerate should be dropping as low as it does without fully utilizing my hardware.

It also happens everywhere, its just more noticable in DF zones cuz they are more HW demanding. In stormwind i will have 100 plus fps and then it just suddenly goes to 60. In Valdrakken it goes from 70 to 30, etc.

Also, im pretty sure having only 100 fps in storrmwind / 70 fps in Valdrakken top is not ok for my PC, as i have a 240hz display and even with 60 fps its very noticable to my eyes that the game is not as smooth as it used to be. I dont know how many fps i had prior to 10.1 cuz i just never had to worry about fps, which in itself speaks volumes.

In comparison, i have 130 stable fps in Elden Ring with max settings.

Long post and didn’t even mention your specs :smiley:

Videos do not add to GPU load but to Video Engine load.
You can check that with GPU-Z.

I logged in today the first time since Wednesday and normally the first few seconds fps is crap because TSM is loading data but today for some reason unknown to me the fps stayed low even after 10 mins of running around in OG. Most of the time i reach 120 fps in OG but today it stayed between 25 and 36 fps. I traveled to UC to check for the new heirloom upgrades and fps in UC never topped 35 / 36 fps. So i deactivated all addons (didn’t fix anything) and after this futile attempt i moved the graphics quality slider to 1 and restarted the game. Still low fps. I updated the nvidia graphics driver which also didn’t fix fps. So now it seems that blizz indeed F‘ed something up.

My rig:
Intel 10900k
GTX 1080ti
64GB RAM
5122x1440p resolution

Before patch 10.1 i had a stable 100 to 80fps in Valdrakken on my new 7800X3D

Now with 10.1 i lost a lot of fps going down to 80 to 60fps

Something has happened with this patch that significantly dropped framerates and i dont know where to look.

yap, exact same

It worked for me, many thanks! I was thinking I had a problem with my GPU or PC, but this solution worked very well.

Same issue here with my rx 6600. Legit lost 20% of my fps with the new patch. Used to have 90-100 fps in valdrakken, now i have 70-80. Also i keep getting small freezes in dungeons with the third boss of halls of lightning making my game straight up crash.

My pc is 3 months old…

My issue was not a subtle 20% fps decline, it was from 120 fps to an impossible to play 8 fps, and the solution mentioned by Redakx worked very well.

New patch means many returning players for a while.
More players around you = less FPS.
You can easily check that when logging in to Valdrakken on patch day or reset and comparing it to times when there are less players around.

I went from 90-100+ before patch to 70-80 on patch day with many more players in the hubs. This is normal.

If your FPS are lower than before the patch when there are no players around then check your Addons and Gfx-settings again.
Also some addons may not have gotten an update yet and decrease performance.

See if above applies. Your FPS will be lower with more players around.

I just wanna thank you so much
I quit in the middle of S1 and decided to come back today, my fps was usually 60 but it was just 8 fps everywhere, and it was so weird cause no way one patch makes my pc unable to run the game normally, and nothing except deleting the file u mentioned worked
I’m back to 60 fps, thank you so much again

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.