Free Character Moves Coming Soon

Please make it so that the full servers get to choose from a pool of low-population servers to transfer to. My network of friends has been split between (now full) servers due to the queues. We would greatly appreciate the ability to end up at the same server without having to re-level.

Interesting move. Maybe too early.

There were no guild banks in vanilla.

2 Likes

Wow. I was not really expecting this.

I thought that opening up character transfers would cause imbalance on the target realms. Perhaps the character levels are evening out faster than expected.

The devil’s in the detail but this sounds like good news for those stuck in queues.

Hope they do not open up transfer to the 2 newest servers. going to ruin for them thats already there with all this elitist guilds and aoe grinders who plan to screw up the server economy, the devilsaur mafias

Elitists wont move from their servers trust me. It is mostly the random single players without a guild or small groups of friends that will move

What realm is UK based?

Great, now my 6-7k que will turn into 10-12k que.

Why would anyone transfer to a realm with 6k queue?

1 Like

How? You will be only able to transfer to a predetermined server from any given source server. Ppl wont be able to choose the target server freely.

@Kalvax when can we expect an announcement?

My guess would be later today

Germany and the US already have their list :confused: don’t know what char to play atm

You cant choose the target server anyways. You only have one option. Transfer there or stay on your server

yeh i know but i have a lvl 33 rogue on firemaw and a lvl 22 rogue on bloodfang, chances are not bad that the transfer will be from firemaw to bloodfang i believe

Are this free transfer is going to happen one time or you can change server whenever you like?

i hope is one time transfer only

According what it says ob the us forum it is one time only. The source and target server is fixed. You cannot choose the target server freely

You don’t have guild banks in vanilla, and second don’t give strangers acces to a feature like a guild bank. If they want something they can still ask

More details are now available in this thread: