Free Character Transfers Coming to Burning Crusade Classic

YES Blizzard! Finally! It’s a very good move from you! :hugs:
I can’t wait to transfer from DEAD FLAMELASH server :confused:
I hope it can be possible Flamelash → Firemaw pls :pray: @Blizz

As it’s low to high do you think they will close some servers down?

Maybe it will. It not necessary to keep these dead servers…

Why only free horde to alliance faction changes? have you seen the status of the PvE servers? Can you stop being a tunnelvisionaire? plz?

Even on the realm i’m on, Mirage-Raceway, horde PvE side we are struggling getting new ppl in our guilds, guilds that you’ve never seen recruit, the better ones, are now recruiting.

It’s as good as impossible to get elemental shaman and warlocks are a near impossible which is weird to say the least. My guild is currently recruiting inside our own group of socials, getting them geared, attuned etc because we’re not getting ppl from outside the guild anymore and with that we’re lucky because other guilds don’t have that luxury and merge or disband.

My realm is biggest PvE horde side and with biggest i mean, kind of a bit larger than Pyrewood-Village but no where near the size of the Alliance on those realms.

So what about the guild bank and the gleader. Is it possible to transfer, too?

Good point, let’s hope so.

People like “me” have been playing for 17yrs and know that Blizzard does nothing for the good of the player base. Tons of servers have died out server balance wise while Blizzard sat back and collected the transfer money as much as they could.

You probably want examples? Sure thing, my original server was Shazz Alliance. I personally know that a TON of people ended up quitting rather than transfer. Why? Well for one its demoralizing to go to a new server, and paying a transfer for 5-10 chars that were lvld up and played over 2yrs is very expensive. Many did it, but at the same time many others quit.

And this has been playing out on a ton of servers.

So yeah, they deserve the hate they get from people, and that means me included.

You want to forgive them forever and give Blizzard an “out” for every greedy decision they make? Go for it, they are super happy knowing players like that still exist as it means they can continue to take a piss on the playerbase.

1 Like

I need no examples. I played on low pop server from 2010 to 2015. I got GM rights over shattered guild with 3 raiders left, builded it from scratch and we got our full HM + 3 mythic High Maul, then HM BRF, HM HFC and 3 Archimonde kills. Most of our mythic tries came to a halt due to us having issues with reqruitment and replacements of poor performing players who were constantly repeating same mistakes and waiting for me to act as personal DBM. It really annoyed me when we tried Mythic, but some players kept dieing to HM mechanics. At the start of HFC mythic we had left 18ppl and then were poached of 3 dps in top 5 and a paladin healer by other mythic guilds. We were in server top 15. I called it a day, congratulated everyone on closing WoD HM, pre nerf achievement, and disbanded raid static remains. It was better for best remaining players to be in rotation of better guilds, than dragging thouse who didn’t wanted to learn anything and waited for me to tell em every right step.

I quitted for about a year and in 2016 with the Legion start transfered 6 of my characters to Alliance Megarealm of our region. Never looked back.

I agree that Horde PvE servers need to be bigger for your pool of players, ss in 1-2 mega servers with 10k+ players for longevity.

The only reason I specified PvP H>A is due to the fact that on PvP servers, it really does make a difference when you are outnumbered 5:1 like on our server.

But for sure, PvE realm A > H xfer option could be added.

1 Like

hello blizzard,

thanks … but it would be better, if you merge classic servers …

please merge the servers ashbringer and earthshaker, then we can play raids with 25 people …

please merge servers, blizzard :slight_smile:

don’t see how this will fix the problem to be honest

ashbringer has 2,5k alli … golemagg has 2,5k alli …

it doesnt make sense to make transfers from ashbringer to golemagg, it is also empty on alli side on golemagg …

better merge servers blizzard …

merge ashbringer (2,5k alli) with earthshaker (5k alli), then we have 7,5 k alli, that is better than transfers …

Just look at the many “My realm is empty” complaint threads then come back and try to figure it out.

Honestly. Do you call servers with 2,5k players empty … ?

1 Like

Enable Razorgore Alliance please. There is 15% alliance and 85% horde. Most guilds are gone, its pretty empty on Alliance side

1 Like

It’s actually 5%

3 Likes

It really does make a difference on PvE as well. They might not gank you but they can still hog resources, world bosses, etc. And low faction numbers still result in lower choice for guilds, pug groups and so on. Now, thankfully Horde still has somewhat healthy numbers, at least on Mirage Raceway, but there’s no denying that the Alliance has it a lot easier there and we definitely don’t need H>A transfers here - they’d just make things worse.

Though this wouldn’t be the first time on this forum that PvP server players spew out suggestions without considering the existence of PvE servers, so I’m not surprised.

2 Likes

Zandalar isn’t actually dead. It’s medium population and we have several guilds raiding T5. Main issue is that there’s not a constant influx of new players or people leveling alts. LFG can be painfully slow for sure, and not too much going on in the world. You are four from Zandalar in this thread (five with me) and it can’t quite compare to the low pop servers (we are on a medium one).

This really goes to show the flaws of TBC’s design and why linking servers more or less became necessary for Blizzard after the Cataclysm expansion as there no longer was an increase of players.

Maybe only high population servers will give us a sense of genuine activity as there’s fewer and fewer players with each day passing by that haven’t completed their grinds or that keep being subscribed. As I’ve understood it, Gehennas for example is still layered, and to me that does seem a bit similar to linking servers togethers in a cluster (and that may be necessary going forward).

Let’s hope that we get some sort of influx of players as the outlook for Zandalar to be able to maintain a medium population, as the server maintaining enough players until Sunwell doesn’t seem all that likely. :confused:

2 Likes

When Wrath hits Horde will be buffed in PvE with as well with Trolls getting steady 20% haste at will and Orcs hitting rid of last negative debuff to healing received on Blood Fury. This along with Faction change, solo faction characters on PvP realm restriction lifting off and as the result transfers from PvE to PvP realms allowed will make Horde having no problems either on PvE nor on PvP.

And the real issue why Horde population is lacking on PvE realms is because they enjoy safety in numbers on PvP realms. If factions would be more balanced and safety of Horde PvPers on PvP realm not guaranteed, they would join PvE realms immideatly.

I agree.
The game isn’t only about PVE endgame.