Free Character Transfers Coming to Burning Crusade Classic

Blizzard opened free transfers TO Noggenfogger.

Noggenfogger now has a population of around 360. Blizzard still hasn’t reversed the transfers to Noggenfogger to allow people to escape.

When the Microsoft deal goes through and they take over, I sincerely hope whoever was in charge of the free transfers is the first to get sacked. I’d get fired if I was this bad at my job.

1 Like

More realms will be added. No, we don’t know when.

Hi Sixxfury,

Thanks for asking about this. Just wanted to pop in and let everyone know that we do have Free Character Moves (FCMs) planned for WoW Classic Season of Mastery to give some of the lower population realms a relief valve. We’ll be talking more about this including which realms will have FCMs enabled soon.

In addition to adding these for Season of Mastery, we’ll also be enabling FCMs on additional Burning Crusade Classic realms as well.

Thanks you!

4 Likes

I am 99,99% sure they will open it only for low pop realms from their realm status list and leave 1-sided medium servers such as Razorgore, Mograine or Earthshaker (which are low pop realms in reality) to rot some more.

I think Medium population realms will be ignored again, not matter the faction balance.

Thinking about it deeper, it is very possible that Blizz came to conclusion that the cow has been milked dry. Otherwise, they would not disclose such information. You know, a solid portion of players who are actually deciding what to do (quit / pay for transfer / wait for free transfer) will now choose to wait, knowing that Blizz confirmed free transfers and it is only a matter of time. And even if this is like distant future and free transfers come just before wotlk in december 22, it still does not matter at all, because people will keep waiting and waiting.

If you are someone who is deciding atm wheter you pay for transfer immediately or not, Blizzard confirming free transfers are on the way will make you decide not to pay for transfers.

In short words, if Blizzard feels that players are still willing to pay for transfers, they wouldn’t tell us that free transfers are on the way.

Please add PvP to PvE transfers when you open up more. My alts are still stuck on dead server

I swear if Zandalar-Tribe doesnt get free transfers because we are “RP-PvP” im gonna go mental. 3rd lowest PvP pop in EU, RP has been dead forever… Would be an absolute joke

Why the BLEEP do you want to dictate plauyers where to go? If you were asking for free transfer to AND from any server, you would have my vote. As it is. No way.

Daily Reminder to Blizzard.

A reminder for you to please update that list of servers and include Razorgore, Noggenfogger, Zandalar Tribe, Mograine, Finkle, and Shazzrah

Remember, that is FROM those servers. Not to them.
Thx

2 Likes

read my post ffs.

At one hand its good to know that Zandalar Tribe will get a free transfer, on the other hand the only place to go left is Firemaw.

There is nothing else.

And I really don’t wanna go to some chock-full realm, where everything is overfarmed and you have 2 hours login queues each day and an LFG channel that cant be followed.

I was hoping to go Golemagg, but somehow alliance there just died, and I think our boys are too ‘spoiled’ to go to a server where alliance is the big minority. So that wont happen.

So more people to clog up Firemaw?

1 Like

Sad thing is when new fcm goes live, people will go to Firemaw killing it in the process. Alliance will become large majority on Firemaw forcing Horde off Firemaw.
Balance is just a dream and there is just no win-win solution.

1 Like

I might leave Firemaw if more people come here… But I wanna go Gehennas if so

That’s exactly what Blizzard wants

At least when horde dies on firemaw there will be 2 monofaction mega servers and we can just be done with the yoyoing of server balance

Why are you so stubborn. TO an FROM all realms, please. Let the players decide for themselves!

There’s always the chance they will lock full/overcrowded servers, however small.

1 Like

We would greatly appreciate if Blizzard could publish the new FCM origin servers and destinations before the transfer sale runs out.
Our whole guild is currently on the verge of getting off our dying server and would prefer not to do so at the full price for 2-5 characters.

Thank you for listening to the community and taking measures on the population issues. A lot of vocal people will say this is too little and too late and I understand that criticism, but I welcome the steps nonetheless.

2 Likes

You shouldn’t have told them, now they will delay the transfers further.

Actually it would be smart move from Blizzard to open free transfers from all low pop realms (including realms that are listed as medium but are low pop in reality). Forcing paid transfers on players from low pop realms seems to not be working any more, in other words, the cow has been milked dry.

But when they open free transfers from all non-megaservers, Alliance WILL vastly surpass Horde on Firemaw (majority of Horde from low pop realms will go to Gehennas which seems fine in Blizzards eye and how things are handled on retail). Horde on Firemaw WILL flee in masses to Gehennas, but guess what, they’ll have to pay for it. NEW MILK-FILLED COW OPPORTUNITY EMERGES.

Clap! Clap! That’s how business is done.

Recommendation to Firemaw Horde: Transfer now, till transfers are on sale.