Free transfer from Earthshaker soon?

Hello

I got characters stuck on Earthshaker, which is a super dead server (can’t even buy stuff from AH, its empty), will it be a window to move from this server soon? :slight_smile:

best regards

Generally free character migration (transfers) are done from high to low population.

That’s not true. There were free migrations from Thekal, Jin’do, Hydraxian Waterlords - all low population realms. So fingers crossed.

Earthshaker allways was low pop realm, and like 3.7k active raided chars thats okay for it.

It is dead on horde side but I think this has been so for a very long time now.

It’s a “general” thing. Almost all FCM’s are from high to low population or target faction to specific faction realm.

That something else happened a few times doesn’t make the “generally” not true.

There were FCM from Ashbringer, Thekal, Jin’do to Mograine. But now Morgraine is horde version of Earthshaker (aka dead). In my opinion do not wait for FCM. I doubt there will be FCM till Cata + 2 month so most likely you will stuck there for serveral months.

Blizzard spring sale will drop soon, alli to firemaw and horde to gehannes/golemagg. At least that way youre not paying full price. I know thats not ideal but dont rely on FCMs.

1 Like

Earthshaker had 3.700 raiders last week. So it’s not a dead server by any means.

Free character transfers usually happen from high to low population servers unless Blizzard decided to try and kill the server like they did with Thekal.

They should instead try to connect servers like they did with Era. Even Cata beta seems to have pretty low interest going. Cata will likely have TBC level of populations. Earthshaker and Firemaw should be connected. So should all PvE servers.

Maybe connect Firemaw to Gehennas and Earthshaker to Mograine to enable world PVP.

I feel like over the life of classic, people do not want world PVP. PVP Servers that had a good balance of alliance and horde eventually became one-faction servers as people transferred to other servers.

And flying becoming available across all zones in Cataclysm means that World PVP is only for low level alts.

Problem is dead fraction. Looks like that blizz enable free transfer when server pop is marked by “low”, on medium it is still playable, but problem is that some realms are mono-faction and you can be on dead side (horde or alliance depends of server) and on dead side you also literally can’t play, absolutely same as on dead server.

Ashbringer had 6000 raiders when FMC opened to Mograine so even by Blizzard standarts 6000 raiders is dead. But maybe they looked from point of view that the server does not survive till the end of Wrath.