Friend list and /who issue

yes i have the same problem. Tried to get my friend in to the guild and couldent find him on search but he was online on my real id friend list

I did a little test with /who by sometimes shift clicking people i was whispering with and indeed it is bugged because who would state 0 results while the person was both whispering me and infront of me.

Was the person from same realm as you? Cross realm players as far I know are not visible when using who command. The old character based friends list doesn’t really work either with cross realm players.

Likewise the second poster you can only invite players to the guild if they are in the same realm as you.

Same realm = merged (connected) realms, too.

obviously he was.

Argent Dawn is not merged so it is indeed on the same realm.

And it is not only that they do not show up on /Who it is that sometimes they are shown as ‘‘Online’’ on my friendlist at different zones while not being online example would be ‘‘Person-ArgentDawn - Stormwind City’’ on the friendlist while being offline.

And it is completely random as well as few days I have no issue then some days I have the issue so it seems to be a issue from the Blizzard’s servers.

Hi everyone!

We’ve been seeing other reports of this, and it’s already being investigated.

Thanks for the reports!

1 Like

Thank you for the response it is nice to know that Blizzard have been informed about the issue and looking into the situation and hopefully soon it will be solved as well.

Also experiencing this problem as are a few more of my friends.

Doesn’t seem to be an addon problem either as all are upto date and I’ve tested with/without and get the same issue

Any update on this?

OK; 7 days later and the bug is still there. Had a friend create a new char on my realm and because they have an unusual keyboard character in their name i did a /who rogue 10 and said they wasn’t online, but in my friends list they are. So I copied their name from textpad and did a manual /ginvite and it worked.

Please blizz, this is a serious bug, it shouldn’t take you this long ?

I’ve also seen the issue for a good number of days now.
I did a "who " Friday afternoon. While the the guild panel was showing 20 people online, /who returned 7.
Similar issue with shift-clicking people, not found :confused:

This + random disconnects when switching characters are two quite annoying bugs I’d love to remember some day.

Are we getting any update on this? is it gonna be fixed? Its hell when you wanna group up with people

I see the 2 issues still haven’t been fixed, and you’ve raised the stakes with queues, disconnects and hamster-less login servers.

1 Like

Any update on this? As someone who use the /who command all the time, I’m really getting annoyed at this :-/

2 Likes

Still not fixed, 2 months later

1 Like

Still having this problem

1 Like

I have had this problem for quite some time, too. A solution would be nice.

1 Like

Same issue here on EU-Draenor. Members of the guild not showing via /who, not in the guild roster, nor in guild chat. Old guildroster /groster does show them though. And the chat via the guildroster shows the missing characters chat with [] (empty character name).

I’m having this issue too. Typing a guild name doesn’t show everyone who is online, also doesn’t work for some players.

Same thing has happened to me. people can’t see me in the guild roster or my chat and more annoyingly my raid events have disappeared from the calendar, so not ideal for an active GM :frowning: