The "/who command" does not work with certain players

This is an issue many players on us forum already posted. I’ve too.

"The past couple of days, noticed this happening.

This started out while chatting in trade, when replying to someone, wanted to see who they were, what level, so forth. Typed /who joebob (made this name up, don’t worry) and I get a “0 players total”.

But then during one particular conversation I realized that several people couldn’t be seen. I started testing it out, and realized that I couldn’t even see half the people online in our guild when I did a /who guildname.

From talking to other people on the Arthas server, this isn’t just me. It’s not randomly different between different people either, the same people don’t show up on everyone’s /who list.

Anyone know what this is about, obviously either something is corrupted or there is an issue with the command not pulling correctly from the database? This isn’t an addon issue, our entire guild was talking about it last night and it was being discussed in trade chat also."

1 Like

You can’t see people below level 20. I’m not aware of any other restrictions.

You will need to type /who character name-name of realm they are on. By typing /who character name will look for that person on your realm, and if they are on a different realm or faction, by doing so, it shows 0 players. Not sure if this is intended or a bug, yet this should solve your issue.

Both no. Google, you will find many us forum issue. Gm replied me that this is a bug and will be solvednoly with new expansion -.-

This also happens all the time when you click on someone in chat who is on a different realm. “0 characters found” or something like that.

Heya,

Indeed this is on our radar already. More info here: Friend list and /who issue - #7 by Ferumlac

Thanks for the report!

It’s 9.2.5 game already and this is not fixed still.
Shameful and pretty inconvenient, I would say.

2 Likes

The problem have been there since at lest 2019 if not 2018 pretty sure I had friends back in the start of BFA talk about it.

edited post

Pretty sure this came in BFA alpha with the new guilds & communities. It then got forced into game not working despite reports. Co joined realms and sharding make it worse.