Friends List not available

It has now happened to me but I have heard many complaining about it. Since the patch the friend list stops working on random occasions. To see who texts you, you have to check the bnet app. This means its not battle net but seemingly its connection to the game?

Only a relog or game restart fixes the issue (sometimes). Please look into this Blizzard.

1 Like

Glad to see another topic about it. As weird as that sounds xD

I have to completely restart my battlenet app before my friends list works, which is annoying.

Could you check your privacy settings to ensure that you have friends enabled? It seems to me that this setting may be applying periodically at least.

It is enabled in my privacy. It’s ever since wednesday that it began happening.

This is also happening to me as well. Basically it shows any character friends online but it does not show your battle.net friends list at all. It shows as 0 online.
Restarting seems to fix it but this is happening to multiple in my guild and friends.

I have not changed the set up of the friends list in bnet or wow, it just fixes itself with a restart but it is starting to happen fairly frequently. 3 times tonight already.

This is also happening to me but as mentioned above it is also happening to guildies. No settings changed, and usually a game restart fixes it, but it’s annoying even so.

This is happening frequently to me as well. I sometimes have to restart the game several times before it appears.

The problem still persists. I never made any changes to settings and this was not an issue until shortly before I made the original post.

1 Like

That bugs happend to me sometimes

This is a constant problem for me. Its so annoying. Restarting the game doesnt even usually help, I need to log out from the app and in again. Then it CAN fix itself. Surely there has to be a reason for so many of us struggling with this? Its not about the settings.

Issue still happens to this day, only logging out of the client fixes it

Have multiple friends including myself having the same issue. When we log in the friends list is either empty or not available. Relogging several times can fix it. Also, believe there have been other numerous threads about it both here and on US forums. I have a hunch it has something to do with how they encrypt the client data, relating to the chat servers.

Blue post: lol check your privacy.

Yeah no clearly not the problem.

But this is one of these issues that probably never ever be addressed. Pretty much like how the game is stuttering and lagging away on the majority of people’s PCs.

No fix until today.

Still an issue today, friend list / who list is blank.
No matter what you search for the tool is broken - it might show one person, but not all. It’s not a realm thing - as noted it is even blank if you search for your own friends / guild and it shows only one person online , even when there are several online.

Can we get an update soon, please. It’s been a known problem since 2020 !!!

1 Like