[From 8.2] low key night elf involvement with Azshara

SPOILERS

So far in the datamining, Thalyssra has a huge role in the lore against Azshara, Jaina plays the major role for the alliance, Shandris and Lor’themar are tag alongs, Tyrande and Malfurion aren’t presents. Nightborne and humans mostly involved, darnassian kaldorei seem to be marginal

Little to No Role for Kaldorei, Shendralar or Farondis Highborne
I may have understood why night elven armies of priests, druids and sentinels werent going into Naz’jatar because of Darkshore though its a piss poor excuse - but what about the Highborne, Shen’dralar and Farondis? ILLIDARi too? They could have been the major night elf representsation there.

I’m sad to see they arent playing a role so far leaked, and rather than Jaina working with them, she is unstead replacing them on the alliance side, similar to Khadgar did in Legion.

How hard is it to write actual night elves who knew Azshara (already in the lore) and were greatly affected by her playing a major role against her…? unless this is only the start and alot more of her is coming after her raid…big IF tho. If Jaina can star in 8.0 and 8.1, why is Tyrandes token appearance in battle for Darkshore all she gets against her racial nemesis Azshara? I dont get it, Or Thalyssra are sent but not Farondis or Evenshade and their people

At least Thalyssra is playing a role which is good, and while I really don’t mind Jaina being there, people like Prince Farondis and Mordant Evenshade along with the rest of the Farondis and Shen’dralar highborne should be playing the leading alliance role from the night elves, while the druids and sentinels are still in Darkshore.

I hear Tyrande and Malfurion aren’t even there, which makes them look super stupid, for being more concerned with revenge and a zone instead of stopping their ancient adversary responsible for every hardship and weakness the night elves have endured in the last 10,000 years, including their greatest genocide, which makes Teldrassil look like kiddies play. That enemy, who is plotting another otherworldly invasion that could give the void victory over all creation. I mean why arent these people leading the fight against someone they clearly hate and need to stop…same with Prince Farondis, its their racial lore.

If this isn’t the end of Azshara and they will get involved a lot more later on, then fine, but that is a big if. Again, like Legion, it feels like the Darnassian night elves, who were the main group of night elves, seem to be cut out of what’s going on.

What is so hard about having both Farondis and Thalyssra playing similar roles together for their respective allies? What was so hard about having Jaina alongside the older more knowledgeable mage like Mordant Evenshade who’d be far more familiar with the arcane magic worked of Elven people and great tools and methods long lost to human and high elf trained magi? Yes we get she is powerful, but she is a child in breadth of knowledge compared to others like Thakyssrwm Mordant or Farondis and doesn’t have to be alone.

This is the 2nd major night elf enemy after the Legion, their own former Queen, it doesn’t get more night elf than this, it seems a snub to have them play so little a role but instead have more newbies like Lor’themar and Jaina doing everything.

You use night elves for night elf stuff, because you will ignore them for human, orc, draenei and every other races stuff, yet still feel they should play minimal roles in their own lore stuff…just wow

10 Likes

Do you have split personality disorder?

2 Likes

Not that im surprised. Like in legion, Darnassian group does hardly anything, but now they are replaced by the nightborne entirely rather than sharing the activity with them, especially their highborne, but she was enemy of all night elves so they really should have been involved.

Humans are far more imporant to show always for the alliance even when another race should take the lead…,you have Jaina doing a lot of stuff in a night elf area just like Khadgar in Legion. One would think her defeat in 8.1 would bench her for this patch and an empowered Tyrande would be pressing forward here, making up for her absence in 7.2 broken shore and that cringeworthy “Malfurion my love” in Val’sharah

1 Like

All we can do is wait and see at this point. I’m sure almost everyone here already knows my wrath over the BfA expac by now.

It’s clearly systematic Writers’ Bias against the Kaldorei. Idk, maybe they got burned by a tall amazonian type woman or something, during dating.

3 Likes

The devs don’t like NE because they were very powerful back in WC3.
In WC3, they were an equal match to the great generals in Legion.
No races were as strong as them. For they had the power to rival against the gods.

But every since WOW got released, they have been ignored and nerfed by blizzard to the ground.

At this point, I will see a total purge to the NE for joining the humanization, dumb, The good guys for ever types and human priorities are first in the food chain mentality type Alliance.

“Okay, we are finally doing an expansion with Azshara, ancient enemy of the Night Elves. What should be the story of the Night Elves this expansion?”

“Lol, let the Horde burn down their home, because reasons.”

“Should we empower Tyrande so she can enact swift vengeance and then focus on Azshara?”

“No, let us make her super-powerful, have her talk about reclaiming her home, and then do nothing for two patches.”

8 Likes

Shandris is there and that’s about it. Shandris is amazing and has great lines and interactions but sadly Tyrande and Malfurion not there will be the last straw for me. I Just hope there are more things to datamine or at least something involving Tyrande and Malfurion defeating Sylvanas and the Horde…

1 Like

But Jaina’s lines dwarf Shandris’

And tell me why Prince Farondis or Mordant Evenshade isnt the alliance mage there? At one point we have Genn and Jaina for the alliance, and Thalyssra and Lor’themar for the horde…i mean come on! This is the night elf Queen in the night elf capital…WTF…

Like they are going out of their way to snub alliance night elves…, Jaina should be recovering after another majoar role in Battle for Dazar’alor, Azshara is the night elves’Queen, where are Tyrande, Malfurion, Farondis, Mordant Evenshade the people who directly relate to this and more than capable of being the mage wing there and support, not to mention more appropriate.

It just seems like they forgot the night elves have a lot involved, and didnt care enough to remember they had charscters far better than Jaina to use.

This is another major disappointment, night elves are further keft out of their own lore stuff in favour of humans, as if being cut out of everything else wasnt enough.

Its like Afrisiani or Danuser really doesnt like them.

It sucks, all i can think of now, is why the f*** is Jaina there and not Farondis, Mordant, Tyrande, Malfurion

3 Likes

While I admit we Night Elf Fans have been thrown alot of bones as of recently (Val’sharah, Suramar to a point, now the Darkshore Warfront, etc)

But to not include Tyrande, with whom Azshara had her main beef, because she was equally beautiful and even had the protection of a Goddess over her is just wrong.

Same could be said for Malfurion, who is the very reason her source of power made both her Empire collapse into the sea and her future mate unable to enter the world.

Instead we get Thalyssra who remebers her time as a child there and has an Apprentice randomly based in the ancient capital. Oh and Shandris has a brother now apparently.

I can forgive the Highborne SHen’dralar not being there, since Blizzard clearly regrets adding them in the first place. And I can also forgive Farondis and his Highborne-ghosts not being there as they could be locked to their city as part of the curse. But no Malfurion, Tyrande and Jarod, who were the main leaders and biggest thorns in the side of the Queen… Yet Shandris, who shot like one demon in the whole war and was only a child takes lead in this?

7 Likes

Genn is everywhere, Genn is everyone.

3 Likes

I dont know what theirmissue is, they have such breadth and depth to choose from, more than enouh to draw from for the alliance from the night elves, who would be relevant, but its like they dont even remember.

If you knew about Prince Farondis, or Mordant Evenshade, or even Lothrius, they would be more appropriate than Sha dris Feathermoon.

Thakyssra has a far stronger role in this, and its not that i begrudge that, but an equally if not more powerful role should be played by a night elf, of which we have some very serious candidates.

The only thing that would have made sense, was that these guys will feature later on because Azshara’s role wasnt do e with 8.2, but if appears that it is…

So i dont get it

1 Like

Genn is ours, we are Genn’s! Hail Greymane!

4 Likes

It bugkes the mind. If you had to have a mage, use the shem’dralar, or use the Farondis, Lrunce Farondis was a fave character of mind, and could take the place of Jaina.

But equally mystifying is an empowered Tyrande’s and malfurions too… they certainly would be more relevant tha all those characters there…but playing skirmishes in dsrkshore at the expense of the dste of the world…and you expect us to respect their character and storylune integrity?
Sorry blizz, this isnt great at all.

Anyone reading the lore, the novels, following the stiry wiuld certainly be puzzled why Tyrande and Malfurion srent there, or Prince Farondsu - 3 well developed night elf characters thst have focused beef with Azshara in the story, whereas Thalyssra and Shandris?
This is night elf territory now.

I know i would not be seeing nightbelves when it comes to any human or other alliance horde race stories, so to have them minimised in their ow lore circuit…its like they have a phobia of them playing a starring role.

They arent horde ofc, and it is horde characters that must feature largely alingside humans…yay

I’m happy that Shandris is there, though I cannot understand how Tyrande isn’t involved in this. There’s probably more dialogue to be datamined, because it seems odd to me that Tyrande or Malfurion won’t know about this or say anything, considering that Shandris is going to join us in Nazjatar.

5 Likes

That must be the moment the joint kicked in!

“This is night elf territory now”

Those were his last words when he was seen charging into Azsharas Palace

I cried

1 Like

I wished for Shandris to get more development for years, but not at the cost of Tyrande and Malfurion. I am so happy we get to explore more of her past life and see some of the events of the WOTA. I am still a bit puzzled, why did Blizzard ever since WC3 and all those novels, kept building up Tyrande and contrasting her to Azshara only to abandon all that when Azshara makes her debut… As many have stated Tyrande,Malfurion, and Illidan made Azshara’s life a living hell at the end of WOTA, they were mere novices that were responsible for her downfall and defeat, they stripped her of her empire,birthright, and glory…

2 Likes

I know right, I really expected more from the kaldorei side, it’s like they keep getitng disconnected form their own lore. it’s nice shandris is there, but it’s also quite noticeable that she plays the smallest role and is the only full kaldorei there.

Where you would have expected this race/group to be at the forefront of this whole thing… just like in Legion. I keep trying to find good things about warcraft story, then they keep doing stuff like this.

I don’t begrudge and am actually pleased to see Shandris, and a lot of Thalyssra, it’s good they are there and play a large role, but the kaldorei failure is huge.

Consistency and continuity - the things that give a story integrity - without it, it feels more like nonsense, no matter how nice the individual stories might be, the overall thing is rendered quite rubbish without it.

If you were reading the wole warcraft story, you would astounded at the kaldorei’s absence in TBC, mesmerised by the Darnassians abysmal showing in LEgion, equally shocked at Tyrande’s role in Suramar and complete absence in the Broken shore, not to mention none seemed to be with VElen and co on the way to Argus.

Like the developers don’t really care about their own story and don’t know what htey wrote before. Sure it was cool having and seeing new night elf stuff there, but dropping the context of the established group and characters … i mean wtf?

Then to Azshara’s palace - you give Tyrande and Malfurion a paltry showing in a pre-quest for the battle of darkshore, and Azshara, the reason for this hell of hte last 10k years , who is obviously plotting more disaster for the planet like the first wasn’t enough. You have characters that have beef with her and should be leading hte charge against her like Tyrande, Malfurion, Prince Farondis etc, and they’re ALL absent.

Instead Jaina, who should be injured from Battle of Dazar’alor is all of a sudden fit as a fiddle and taking on the naga, whereas Tyrande, Malfurion, Farondis, Evenshade, Shadowsong and the people who were set up to really care about this stuff, are no where to be seen.

It’s like leaving Thrall and the orcs out of WoD or SoO, or leaving the humans out of WotLK, yet they find ways that the humans star in Draenor, and LEgion, and Naz’jatar despite having plenty of rolls…

And they expect us to not only care, but enjoy and respect the story…

pfff.

1 Like

Hold on, you have a Tyrande, Malfurion and Shandris char? That’s some dedication right there. Can see what your favorite race is. xD

As for the thread:

Illidari do not really have a role there, since the Naga are technically not alligned with the Burning Legion anymore, unless the Illidari had a change of heart and decided to kill the Old Gods-folk.

I can see where you’re coming from, Kalibas, but Blizz has a bad rep for not really working with the minor races (or even the major races, cf. Darkspear Trolls, Tauren, Gnomes for many years, Dwarves, etc.). I do think that Tyrande/Malfurion should play a major role, as should Thalyssra, since they all have their own history with Azshara.

5 Likes

Maybe, but please tell me how the ones responsible for unleashing the demonic catastrophe you have sacrificed everything to stop and halt, are now involved in unleashing an even worse catastrophe and you “do not really have a role there… because its not demons?” - you lost your family , cities, livlihood because of the betrayal of this witch you once adored as righteousness incarnate. She massively betrayed you, caused this trouble, which you barely managed to stop, but is still alive having not paid for her crimes and is about to unleash a new type of hell.

No way are you sitting this out.

It’s true Haiete… but it really disappoints me a lot because i’m such a fan of their world and the stuff they’ve done, and love to see things continued on, great conclusions to epic stories, great things happen, and they keep massively disappointing.

I keep expecting progress and development, and they don’t bother… they don’t seem to realise how silly and unrealistic for the world to be jumping so quickly from one disasster to another, they don’t even have to make these events chronologicallly tied to real time, we could have had years, decades even between some of this stuff.

they also don’t seem to get how powerful the fantasies of their races are, and how important developing the identities and progress of peoples is to players. They get it about major characters, they don’t get it about races.

So it’s really disappointing to see. They also don’t seem to remember their own lore, some of us are sitting and waiting to see certain plots tied up, but half of them just disappear, and the bigger ones that do get tied up, the people are the centre of them when the major part of the story was told are completley absent at its conclusion though they’re still around, like the darnassian kaldorei having almost zero role against the legion itself in 7.0, and again absent against Azshara - like nothing in WotA was important or relevant, like it was completely forgotten.

It is atrocious, the level of concsistency is abysmal. It’s great having new characters like Thalyssra, Farondis etc, especially when they’re relevant, and while we do see Thalyssra… great… Farondis had the far bigger bone, and the key members of the original story, Tyry and Malf - they’re absent, just as they were in TBC and in the final push against the Legion… wtf… yet Jaina, injured in the battle for Dazzaralor, is up and well enough to star against the night elven naga when the night elves themselvs are missing?

But then as you say, they’ve done it for Darksepar Torlls, Tuaren, Gnomes for many years, dwarves too and night elves.

The only plus side to the current creative team is that htey are able to write some good individual stories, but their effort to tell a story in this medium, their consistency etc … it’s all over the place, and very disorganised/ It makes warcraft story feel like garbage when you pick it up to read the whole thing, and then see the continuation in the actual game itself.

they need to hire a tema, or a few people to go through everything and write what happened properly so that the whole story is consistent. without retconning the game or the novels, Make it work by filling out the many gaps to paint a much fuller and more interesting picture.

1 Like

hehe <3 thank you

6 Likes