Frost DK Covenant

Hello all,

Just getting my alt DK to 60 and I wondered what the best covenant is for frost?

Thank you :slight_smile:

necrolord for pvp,
Pve single target if u play 2hand obliteration also necrolord. Kyrian is also good single target.
if u play breath of sindragosa dual wielding - venthyr, but necro is also good paired with Rage of frozen champion lego.

does not matter what u play but for oblit build venthyr is just terrible

all covenants have perks for frost
i would recomend necro or fae, both with strong crit bonus that frost DKs likes on the soulbinds.
but since fae transmogs and mounts suck it doesnt compensate for korayn nor 2 target obiterates imo

u have a slight better time keeping breath up as venthyr, however long breaths also fall short for mechanics, better for m+ breath

If you like to play both pvp and pve choose necrolord, grabby hands are very nice and satisfying to use. It’s good(and probably the best) for both
If you play only pve I think it doesn’t matter that much, but for me i’d like to try nightfae 2-h for double obliterates in mythics and stuff.

I’ve tested all Covenant Abilities so i can say:
Necrolords - Abomination Limb is boring but gives you solid damage and utility, also Marileth Soulbind improves your Fleshcraft which is actually pretty strong thanks to 40% barrier and cc shield.

Kyrian - I tested it, and Shackle The Unworthy still isnt a so good, compared to Abolimb. But it stacks well with Pillar of Frost and Pelagos soulbind grants you 15% extra mastery during burst window. And of course potion is great survivability cooldown which we lacks.

Fae - Death’s Due is probably top 1 Covenant Ability when you can take Defile or playing blood because short Dnd/Defile cooldown, take Phearomones and you have burst cooldown on 15/20 seconds cd. Sadly, frost dk DND has 30 seconds cd and you cant take Phearomones. So dont take it.

Venthyr - Theotar and Nadjia offers you great pve/pvp Soulbind, but Swarming Mist is a meme ability right now, it only works on mythics only because its boosting Breath of Sindragosa. Overall its worst covenant for every DK, but offers best Transmogs xd

PvE - Necrolords
PvP:
3v3/Rated BG - Necrolords
2v2/Soloplay - Kyrian
Swag - Venthyr (㇏(•̀ᵥᵥ•́)ノ)

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.