Frost dk in dragonflight and what I would want in war within

i just love it when other class players start to cry about dk for the slightest thing we do,
remember that time our zone got nerfed because they didn’t like bringing 1 more dk to the raid,
or how about that time they argued dk didn’t need to bring raid buffs because we bring DeAtH GrIp great reality dont you think.

2 Likes

a very concise and well written post that must have taken a lot of thought and time to write so thankyou very much .what really annoys me is the fact that Blizzard cant even be bothered acknowledging your post ,I find this totally ignorant.

1 Like

The only thing players can do is vote with their wallet.

I completely agree with a lot of this, nicely written.
I feel like there clearly needs to be made a distinction or choice between Oblit(2h) and Breath(DW). The spec tree seems to be trying to cater to too many people at the same time and just ends up flat.

I’ve never really enjoyed when breath was a maintenance buff, now is just the same. Always preferred the more bursty type of breath, 30-60 seconds is enough. I particularly like the idea of breath costing less rp, but only if its going to be a maintenance buff rather than a burst window. Having a shorter windows allows you to play and plan around mechanic windows and doesn’t end up as punishing when stuff does happen to you.

As for DND, I beg, please, stop making me stand in a circle on the ground for AoE.

5 Likes

This is the main reason why I don’t even play DPS DK. I like the concept but I can’t really be bothered with the gameplay when tanks just don’t stand still.

This was a nice read, I don’t think I’ve used breath since WoD lol

Honestly I think the main issue with all of frost DK is our reliance on cooldowns, my obliterates in pillar hit like 200k but outside of it they hit 20k? That’s ridiculous.

My main issues with frost are:

• married to pillar, outside of it you’re useless, I would prefer more reliable less explosive burst
  • killing machine being based on crit chance when it’s entire mechanic negates crit chance
  • The talent trees offer 0 customisation

I also have some crazy ideas about a frost rework, but I think a great starting place is changing killing machine:

Instead of killing machine making your next obliterate a critical hit just make it deal 200% damage and as “froststrike” (half frost half physical the way rets have holystrike). Then buff the sh*t out of obliterate damage, this way it still feels like killing machine smacks but it also means you’re not hitting people with a pool noodle normally. That slow obliterate animation for 20k damage makes me want to scream.

From that point I would instead attach obliteration to remorseless winter (as it won’t be so strong, plus without pillar it’s much weaker)
And give rime, frost strike, glacial advance a high chance to proc it.

And reduce the cooldown on D&D for frost and UH, there’s no reason you shouldn’t just have it up for every pack.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.