Frost mage INSANE LOW DMG after 8.2

they increased mastery 15% and nerfed glacial spike 15%, they said they would cancel out and still be same. However my glacial spike is critting for 130-150k and before 8.2 it crit for 200k. Frostmages are worse dps class in the game atm if you check warcraftlogs.

This is a bugg right?

2 Likes

Time to go back to fire i guess.

My deeps as Frost are actually higher, since I’m playing the IL spec. But for the most part I’ve just been playing Fire with the Memory of the Lucid Dream essence because it makes the spec more fun to play.

They increased mastery scaling, so you now have 15% more from mastery rating than you did before, so if you had 20% in 8.1, you would have 23% in 8.2, a pretty minor buff. Glacial Spike only had its base damage, the part that isn’t calculated using Icicles, nerfed by 7%.

Neither of these are particularly drastic changes and are supposed to cancel each other out, maintaining Glacial Spike’s damage whilst making mastery a more appealing stat.

That seems highly unlikely.

As for the difference in power, It may be that you have changed some gear pieces around, perhaps lost some mastery stat or maybe even a Flash Freeze trait?

1 Like

Get some mastery son! Or get onto the return of the best spec in the game, fire for the win!! Shame it still sucks in dungeons.

this good bb frost mage hello fire

Dunno. Been leveling since patch and I can pull 10 mobs, kite them forever and aoe them down in seconds without losing any HP. Maybe max level is different then. Frost looks like only solidly designed spec so far. And I dont even have the end game gear yet.

Perhaps with Lucid trait Fire will be fun too I hope. I just dont understand why Fire has lost all snares it used to have…

1 Like

Lucid minor power nerfed :sob::sob::sob::sob: only for Fire Mages

Suppose fire is not allowed to have too much fun. It is actually quite a significant nerf. The minor allowed us to stack BM a lot easier, now that it procs less BM also gets worse.

Damn I just checked Bloodmallet and Lucid dreams isn’t even our best essence anymore… It lost around 2k dmg in those sims.

The minor got nerfed, not the major and it is the still the bis minor.

You are right. Frost will still be the best all rounder. Fire will still struggle with packs. Arcane has to be geared for ST or packs and is off the pace in pvp.

meh u guys Always heve good stuff dont complain frost low dmg got arcane of fire

1 Like

Stuff we got now is getting really boring tbh…

Don’t use Arcane as an argument, just don’t

Frost mage dps is a joke right now, got kicked from the raid because my dps is very low and bad, i did the right rotation but frost suck
At the top only drood and DH
Thank you blizzard to force me playing fire or reroll another class, i lost a lot of time gearing my mage to be kicked out from the raid

How much DPS did you do? On which boss / difficulty?

played heroic and normal eternal place my dps is around 15 - 20k

If you aren’t doing it already I recommend uploading your logs and use wowanalyzer website to help you with ideas to improve.

I just returned to fire myself and use normal palace to train.

That’s really low indeed. A good geared frost mage can easily do 30k+ dmg.

It’s not a problem with the spec, it’s a problem with your gear / build / rotation.

This is the gear dropped me from the instance and eternal place , i rly dont know where i have to search other gear because blizzard drop is all rng ,i do my best with rotation reading icy veins and other forum to improve but my dps is very bad. Its so frustrating get kick from raid because my dps is low.
There was another frost mage yesterday and we kicked out for the low dps

Have a look on the altered time discord pinned messages. They have the info on the different raid builds at the moment, noIL built around high mastery and FF and frozen orb build built around chucking IL’s in RoP and frozen orb.

Mhm if your talents on the armory are the ones you use, then the level 15, 90 and 100 are suboptimal for single target fights. Followed by prob a lil lack of mastery since they rescaled it in 8.2.

Did you sim your char and see what the potential is with your current gear? Gotta be more than 20k.