Frost mage makes my game lag

Nevermind

Delete AdiBags

Same problem here with Frost Mage. Just coming out of an AA+9. First pull made game unplayable (~1-5fps). I think my specs aren’t the problem:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X3D
GPU: NVIDIA RTX 4070Ti
RAM: 64GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz

Please fix :frowning:

1 Like

I notice it aswell and never happent before DF, when you press icy veins and it summons the water elemental game will spike even with +90fps the game will have 1-2sec hic up. It is bit annoying I agree.

Frost Mages shouldn’t make you lag, they should make you freeze.

4 Likes

Oh, I thought that was just my addons or Linux machine doings its thing.

But yeah it’s real for me as well, and super annoying.

AMD 7900 XT on Arch Linux here. I go down to like 2 FPS if I’m lucky. Big pull in AA is crazy. I mean it was always crazy, but now it’s REALLY crazy.

We nearly make the game freeze. :smiley:
Does that count?

I hate to be “this guy” but as a frost mage main I never noticed that O.o

Must definitely something to Frost Mage. On the first pull in Academy I get like 3 FPS with Frost Mage and 70 FPS with outlaw rogue. Same pull size. Also tested this on Windows 11 and Fedora 40 and it behaves exactly the same. There seems something off with Blizzard or Forzen Orb.

1 Like

I think it’s the orb. The more you use, the worse it gets. And many blizzards allow it. If you don’t use the orbs you get (I tested) the FPS drop doesn’t happen.

Too bad its a core ability for AoE damage :smiley: Blizz, please fix :frowning: I abandoned my mage until I can run M+ without playing a slide show…

1 Like

i play on very low graphic setting (For efficiency and less visual cluster) so maybe that’s why it never seems to affect me ever.

I checked it again and it’s 100% frozen orb. As soon as I throw it the lags begin. But feels like something server-side because FPS are actually quite stable.

Nah.

It’s a problem with a lot of abilities when target count is high, friendly or enemy.

I get it in full raids(30-40 people) when I use holy word salvation, holy nova and divine hymn. I think it has to do with auras congesting the processing when target count is high because it doesn’t happen with something like arcane explosion while I get it with holy nova spam at high friendly target counts, probably because it procs echo of light on friendly targets.

When I use holy word salvation in ashran or any of those bigger BGs and everyone(40 people) are in range, I usually just straight up freeze for a second or two when it goes off. It heals everyone in range, applies 2 stacks of prayer of mending to them and a renew along with echo of light.

Yes, procs take a huge amount of processing power. One proc is basically one extra spell running. It doubles the processing requirement of the attack.

So when you have 11 procs like frostfire bolt will, or about 4 as frozen orb has, things go crazy and the lag kills the game.

Is also not terribly fun when you get so many procs. You can’t plan anything anymore - it’s just so random.

Also I do get low FPS, so…

Fixed by deleting AdiBags somehow lol

I’m using AdiBags too… I disabled it, ran an AA and the lag is nearly gone. The AddOn seems to really be the showblocker here. Uninstalled.

Thanks for the tip mate!