Frost mage PVP suggestion

HI I have really good sugestion for frost mage since frost mage is almost exactly the same in upcoming expansion I think we need stun back. I understand that deep freeze might be too strong couse u can use it for dmg or for cross cc. I would suggest to make somethink like new pvp talent for frost mage that your frozen orb also stun target for example 4sec i would be great I think becouse u can only use it for damage u cant cc enemy healer couse orb would break sheep ring.
What do u think about it? i think every frost mage would be happy if could see somethink like that in game

6 Likes

Agreed, would change mage meta from only being viable with rog

1 Like

agree, every other classes have stuns in pvp even holy priest have it but mages is not, shame blizzard

3 Likes

A bit more bang for your buck with frozen orb - I like it. Yes Frost Mage has snares, but Blizzard just gets dodged, and good luck spamming Frostbolts against players with a brain. I think a stun attached to orb would be a really nice idea.

4 Likes

You want frozen orb to be the thing that stuns… would it be ab AoE stun, then? Damn that sounds awesome

1 Like

frozenorb indeed can be a stun, but to be able to stun someone it need to “chill” target a few times and than they become “frozen”=“stunned”

1 Like

I found 1 issue with this idea after thinking about it. First I thought you cant play Frost with a Rouge anymore since the Orb stun will DR Kidney. But then I realised that you can reverse the rolls so to speak where the Rouge Kidneys the healer, Mage orb stuns the kill target and then Sheep’s off the Kidney on the healer. After I thought about it this way I realised its basically the same as having deep freeze but better since it deals dmg by itself and stuns while allowing a free CC on any healer due to Kidney shot that also doesn’t DR with Poly, unlike deep freeze. So it would make RMP extremely broken since the Rouge and Mage can both create an unavoidable setup while the Disc is pumping dmg. Hope this makes sense. But cool idea none the less.

1 Like

suggestion was to make it pvp talent my friend so u can just simply not take this talent and it dosent stun anymore :slight_smile:

1 Like

Might be a bit op that. It could be an no cast aoe root and stun with high dmg and procs more instant cast dmg spells that can hit 2 targets.

Looking forward to double mage comps one running frost nova leggo, one just bursting with built in rune :grin: who needs a stun

Yeah i understood that, but it would still cause the same issue where you can cross cc an entire team with i stand use abilitys into a cc chain on a healer in arena, thats what I’m trying to highlight

1 Like

rune of power is 30% in pvp and icy veins are 3mins cd XD and legendary with nova will be nerfed to the ground dont even buy it :DD and also to use it u need to come on top of the target which is bad meaning u need to waste blink or people can just simply stack on healer so u cant press nova otherwisde u break sheep and healer just dispel

1 Like

sub rogue will kidney healer and shadowdance kill target with 3x cheapshot so :smiley:

1 Like

give base spell damage back and woala frost bolt doesnt hit for 5k but 25k ice lance doesnt hit for 20k but 60k and everything is solved( i mean in MoP you had similar hp as now 500k + - but now ice lance hit for i dont know 30k ? back then for 90k and more)

1 Like

Ice lances can hit for huge numbers, depends how you gear. Azerite gear funneling power into spells is the problems… but conduits will do the same but a little less I hope.

in pvp azerite is 50% nerfed…

1 Like

I really don’t think Deep Freeze would be too strong and tbf, a 4sec stun attached to Frozen Orb is way stronger than Deep Freeze.

Why would they nerf it? It’s already not that great, every single melee has at the very least 1 root escape. Healers can dispel and if I recall correctly, Ele shaman is the only spec that cannot escape roots.

1 Like

And critical damage is 50% nerfed too :frowning:

Kinda hurts since Frost is basically designed around forcing crits via Shatter and our best azerite traits amplify those forced crit abilities (IL+GS). So we’re cut in half before we’re even out the gate.

1 Like

This whole idea that you can’t buff Mages because it would make RMX even more overpowered implies that there’s something inherently wrong with the combination or one of the components, cough Rogues cough.

Perhaps it’s time to nerf the go-to Mage partner and their ungodly amount of CC/damage/utility.

If we get a decent CC (preferably a stun) at their expense, we might actually be able to pair with different classes/specs whilst still being able to group with them.

2 Likes

Difference is Sub does no dmg at all, it doesn’t even exist until its CDs are back and it doesn’t have an MS. Assa brings high burst and high sustain with an MS so it would be an even more broken than RMPala currently is since any healer in game will work with it since the Mage and the Rouge do everything and its unavoidable CC (instant).

1 Like

Uhh not really… you can buff Mage but its more giving a Mage an instant cast AOE stun that deals dmg allowing the Rouge to Kidney the healer for an easy Poly/Ring is OP, its stronger than Deep Freeze even. If you Deep Froze a healer it would DR poly, with that AOE Orb stun and Kidney on healer the follow up CC would have no DR. Since the initial setup ability’s (Orb stun & kidney) are instant use abilities its almost an unavoidable setup up on a short CD since Mage can farm orb back faster with Blizzard.

You can play Mage with other classes now… its just not meta. You can play Mage Ele, Mage Feral, Mage WW and Mage Warrior. They all work, but are heavily over shadowed by RMPala, RMP and MLX.

Its a cool idea and I do like it, but it would be very broken imo.

1 Like