Frost nova ice lance fix when?

Seriously it’s still broken. Fix when? Getting ice lanced to death 4 lances no break on nova.

Makes op mage into even more op and most importantly makes bad mage players strong. Most dmg by mages in arena is from ice lance by far, then water ele water bolt. Nice gameplay. Nova ice lance ice lance ice lance ice lance.

If u somehow(restrains from calling names) still think that it’s not bugged or something, go watch Noone 2 on youtube, it’s from s1-s2.

If you want fair, skill-based PVP I suggest you look elsewhere, because you ain’t gonna find it here.
Perhaps Counter-Strike or LoL?

3 Likes

Thanks, but I enjoy wow pvp and arenas. For fair skill play I can go sc2.

Don’t worry, you’ll get jumped on by bunch of people saying that it’s not bugged while it definitely is. :slight_smile:

I don’t think I had it break on first icelance single time so far in TBCC while in original TBC it was completely different story.

Same thing applies to fear, it used to break much, much more from full stack of dots yet now it’s not unusual chew 50% of someones HP while they are feared.

Warlock fear that is. Priest fear breaks from first dot tick all the time… Frost nova is the biggest issue atm by far tho.

It’s from s3. Also there’s a clip in that video where he casts 4 ice lances and a cone of cold into a nova without it breaking, because he’s almost naked so they deal a low amount of damage, kinda how we currently have bad gear compared to later seasons, so our damage is less likely to break nova.

It has a chance to break on damage, which means it might very well not break.
Same thing with orc’s hardiness, it’s “only” 15% but sure enough it’s not that uncommon that they resist several stuns in a row.

Literally died 100-0 in a fear when I did a battleground yesterday, not from dots, but from a rogue hitting me throughout the entire duration of the fear

That’s just how it goes sometimes

Needed to comment somewhere

Yep, noticed that too, it’s never been like that.

Nova breaking has nothing to do with the amount of damage done in TBC. It has a chance to break on spell hit, and a higher chance to break on spell crit.

Always was like that. RNG was random back in 2007 as well.

In TBC? Hell no, it wasn’t. There is no way melee could get you from 100% to 0 while being feared, been there and played very, very hardcorde PvP in S1-S3, trust me when I say that my memory serves me more than well. :slight_smile:

Yes you could. Fear breaking on damage was based on chance and not something guaranteed. Feel free to prove me wrong. And no, your memory isn’t proof of anything.

Whatever makes you feel better.

It was chance (heartbeat resists, basically meaning it could break even after 1 sec without any damage done to the target) and damage treshhold (which was never exactly communicated by blizzard). Mind you I’m talking about TBC, not vanilla as vanilla is completely different story, especially at the very start.

Heartbeat resist god added sometime at the end of vanilla, if I remember correctly in TBC prepatch. It also got removed at one point in TBC but can’t remember when exactly. Also in patch 2.1 or 2.2 fear god additional nerf as chance that it breaks got increased too.

No, there never was a damage threshold in TBC, and if there was it wouldn’t matter whether it was warlock dots or a rogue killing the target making your point moot in the first place.

Not that it matters, but I wouldn’t say it was added at the end, the chance got increased in patch 1.1…
If anything, heartbeat resists being removed increases the chance you will see people getting killed during fear whether it is by melee or spells.

2.1, but a higher chance to break on damage is still just a chance. That means that sometimes, or even often, it won’t break on damage.

That is exactly my point, it would not matter who is attacking. You fail at reading it seems.

Thing is, now in TBCC it is possible to get 100>0% on rare occassions, it was not possible in original TBC. At some point (can’t remember which patch obviously) there was even increased chance to break from critical strikes…

You are wrong. Show me proof of there being a damage cap on cc in TBC and I will change my mind.

1 Like

I won’t argue with you, it’s pointless. Feel free to dig around the web for old patch notes and figure out things yourself.

I have, many times. You don’t appear to understand the meaning of chance though.