Fully installed WoW is downloading on background?

Oh my God, this is so obnoxious…

Second day in a row now, and it won’t stop intruding with these never ending messages. I could just simply ignore it, but the way my weak auras are set up, I cannot but to see it all the time.

I’ve selected option that should pause it when the game is launched. But I still get these messages.

“Game data is currently being downloaded”
“Important game data is currently being downloaded”

Small indie company right?

3 Likes

I found a thread on the US forums from someone who also has this issue at the moment.

2 Likes

It’s not just an UI issue as my gameplay was definitely affected by it. The game lagged every time there was something new to be loaded and characters were slowly loading in just as when you log in with incomplete game data.

I managed to log into Beta, the icon is there even on Beta servers (Torghast realm).

Same to me, even with battle.net closed and with no addons.

I am having the same issue. Since the predownload of the pre-patch for SL, I am experiencing that the game seems to be downloading important game data in the background. Sometimes it seems, even soundfiles are missing. Is there a fix?

Heya Folks,

Thanks for the reports. We are hoping to gather more information on this. If you are seeing a persistent green circle downloading data in game and have the time, please get back to us with your Battel.net logs:

Once you the files gathered, please send these into techinfo@blizzard.com with the subject: WoW downloading issue [652930]

Thank you.

I sent the .zip file to the email adress but I get a reply saying the message is too large

I got the exact same issue and it’s hella annoying

Sent my logs, hope the email goes through and this gets fixed as soon as possible, as the game is pretty much unplayable as long as this issue persists.

Just passing along that I suffer from the same problem and was unable to mail the logs because 1.4 MB is too big for your email server :smiley:

Log sent.

Thank you.

hey!, having problems to, and some of my friends, anyone got any new info?

From US

1 Like

Same issue here, waiting for fix

Have the same issue here. Yesterday all were fluid. Today even if I downloaded everything, it seems that the system keeps downloading “stuff”. As a result, frame lag and stutter, huge loading times. Keep in mind i have a a brand new 860 evo SSD and I load every content in the game instantly.

1 Like

hello mizx, the human monk

1 Like

This is still happening. Anyone have any fixes besides the whole delete and redownload thingy?

I did that, twice even–I tried it once with the regular Battle.net launcher and once with the beta one (you can choose to go beta in the settings). It didn’t disappear. So while it helped some, it didn’t for me.

Hey guys,
same problem here. Everything was fine till yesterday evening.
Now this morning i noticed that when opening the map it had to load the data first.
Doing some dailies, going into a cave etc, green loading circle, flying over a “new” area, streaming icon again and so on. Was yellow on the map btw.
Basically when a daily starts and the voiceover starts it loads, and again when the quest is finished.
Doesn’t really affect my FPS, except the delay on the map till it shows.
Pre-patch is downloaded, but should not matter anyways.

Hello Folks,

Thanks for taking the time to send in the Log goblins. We do have enough for now and we will be using these to work on the issue. I don’t have a further update or more information at this time but you can rest assured that investigation continues.

2 Likes