Fully installed WoW is downloading on background?

I did that, twice even–I tried it once with the regular Battle.net launcher and once with the beta one (you can choose to go beta in the settings). It didn’t disappear. So while it helped some, it didn’t for me.

Hey guys,
same problem here. Everything was fine till yesterday evening.
Now this morning i noticed that when opening the map it had to load the data first.
Doing some dailies, going into a cave etc, green loading circle, flying over a “new” area, streaming icon again and so on. Was yellow on the map btw.
Basically when a daily starts and the voiceover starts it loads, and again when the quest is finished.
Doesn’t really affect my FPS, except the delay on the map till it shows.
Pre-patch is downloaded, but should not matter anyways.

Hello Folks,

Thanks for taking the time to send in the Log goblins. We do have enough for now and we will be using these to work on the issue. I don’t have a further update or more information at this time but you can rest assured that investigation continues.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot for the update Mosinathus. Many players both in US and EU encounter this situation. Huge loading times (even on a brand new SSD bought 4 days ago) and frame stutter cause of the eternal loading of everything. Hope you will sort that out because it is literally uplayable for us at the moment.

also suffering from this, thread open in general discussion.

Started happening late last night, but didn’t play for long, and still continuing today.

causes frame hiccups, Freezes.

Won’t send my logs through if its currently under investigation.

Happends to me as well. Green/yellow circle icon nearly all the time (Game data is being downloaded). Mostly while I change the zones.

Same problem here

Affects me too :slight_smile:

same here!

Hey guys. You have to fully reinstall the game (delete all files, don’t forget to save Interface, Screenshots and WTF). Then you should disable automatic updates (Options - Game Install/update - Never automatically aplly updates). And you will be fine. The 20GB new update for SL is what causes the problem.

Completely reinstalling the game won’t work, it seems. It might for a little while, but the issue will come back. A lot of reports on this from people on the US forums who have tried to reinstall their game.

2 Likes

Glad it’s not just me. I’d done a repair to fix a bug (bug was actually me being phased into Broken Shore opening instance in Stormwind harbour because I’d skipped it rather than running through it) and started getting this. I’d assumed it was due to the repair process not working but sounds like it’s not.

Can we have a Blue post to say if this is going to be patched or if a full reinstall really is needed? I’d rather not risk losing any of my AddOn settings.

Can we pleeeeeease get an update on what is going on with regards to a fix to this horror. I won’t reinstall for the third time (even tho Gachibass’ tip above with preventing the pre-patch download might actually be a “solution”).

You simply copy Interface and WTF folders, then just put them in your fresh client. All addons and settings are kept in these folders.

1 Like

I have been having the same problem and this was the only thing that worked and fixed it. A complete PC reset, I had to do it because of reasons so I wiped everything on my computer. I reinstalled WoW and that green spin wheel is gone now.

This might not work for everyone who wants to try it, but I no longer see it.

Hello,
I am not sure if thats normal but it seems that my wow is always downloading,
Whenever I fly there is always that top circle icon which says that its downloading.
Whenever I am at loading screen it just takes forever and there is that second loading bar.

Am I only one who face this?

Same problem here :frowning:

Mhm, so I just completely uninstalled the game as well as removing every leftover file related to WoW, then installed it again and let the pre-patch do its thing until it was done downloading and now the green circle of laggy death has not showed its face in the 4 hours that I’ve been playing, though I’m just gonna assume it will show itself again. ;p

I’m not sure, but maybe opening the game as the pre-download is happening somehow bugs everything out, maybe the solution is just waiting for the whole pre-patch to load inside the launcher before playing.

I also noticed as the pre-patch was downloading in the launcher the percentage downloaded wasn’t being tracked and staying at 0% , and I have a feeling it never finished downloading the full 20gigs before it stopped.

THis is so annoying. i have fully reinstalled client and it downloading background 2 days already. is there any ways just to disable taht**** circle in the center?

There’s a thread about this in US forums, Blizz have asked people for logs: