Fun dungeon experience

• joins a timewalking to complete the Traveler’s Log challenge for 5 dungeons
  • zerg run, It’s a complete steamroll, some people die on trash but they always get ress
  • before the 3rd boss the tank was incompetent and coudn’t keep aggro on all of the mobs he pulled
  • i died
  • after trash was cleared nobody ress me
  • they pull the 3rd boss
  • 2 people with combat ress, still not ress
  • they walk away from me, still no ress
  • i have to release spirit and walk back (2 min walk)
  • they kill the 4th boss, with 4 people in like ~10 sec
  • they kick me so I don’t get to reach them or get the credit for the 5th boss
  • I have to wait another 10 min to join another dungeon, that’s why I’m writing this
23 Likes

This is unfortunately what wow have become.
I was tanking normal Azure Vault some time ago. I told in the beginning that I am not familiar with dungeon yet. Party members took some shortcuts and jump down. I tried to follow but it didn’t go that well and I died. I released and started from the beginning. However the rest of the grp keep moving and when I finally found my way to last boss they just got it killed. I as tank didn’t even get there yet.

5 Likes

Its what the game has turned into these days. I will just say it and I know I will get stick for it, but M+ has ruined the game completely from a social aspect its turned everything ito a ‘go go go’ mentality and if you fall behind you get left behind.

The sooner people realise that you NEED people to sustain the game in the long run then perhaps they will start treating each other better.

12 Likes

Sadly there’s always those around who think about anyone but themselves.

As a Tank, I honestly don’t let anyone tell me what to say or do in a dungeon.
You can ask me to pull more, and I will happily oblige if I and the healer feel confident in doing so, but you don’t get to tell me to pull more.

Same when someone dies, I will give the healer the time to resurrect, or wait for that person to catch up. You can ask to pull the next pack, and if I feel confident that we can handle it, I will. But you don’t get to tell me to pull the next pack, and if pull yourself, you will tank it as well, I’ll happily swap to DPS.

And I will never agree to a vote kick for petty reasons.

3 Likes

I’m sorry that happened to you. Blizzard must start expanding the follower dungeons to older content and TW. It will help a lot.

7 Likes

Yea good luck with that in 2024.

This is one of the reasons why dev’s need to catch up and introduce checkpoints. Die and spawn from the last boss you killed. Will help somewhat and will be way less toxic.

Time to rally boys and gals and make a huge noise about this.

2 Likes

Just release. These dungeons are super fast. Things die quickly and as you can tell it’s not a very fun experience and people just want their gear chest.
The time it would take to res you another group can be killed. Just release, run back and continue roflstomping as fast as possible.

I agree, this is not a good experience, which is why people just want to get it over with asap.

It wasn’t obvious from your explanation but did you speak to your group or just stay silent?

2 Likes

I’ve been in a ton of dungeons without issue, even with the week’s Time Walking with this SP [I might as well be an NPC, my DoTs doing damn all with everything dying so fast]… and despite that I was lagging behind still while I was looting stuff.

The amount of runs without issue far outweigh the bad.

I tend to open up dialogue whenever I join a group. :dracthyr_shrug:

1 Like

I feel this is a myth. Heroic dungeons in WotLK were all “gogogo” already, many years before M+ became a thing. Except for the later WotLK dungeons, like Pit of Saron, they were so trivial that everyone just steamrolled through them. That then caused problems when Cataclysm heroics were much harder, but after they got nerfed it was back to “gogogo”. Still years before M+.

So the “gogogo” mentality has nothing to do with M+, but is all about how trivial content is. Sorry to say this, but nobody should die in a Timewalking dungeon if they have a basic understanding of the game. If the tank pulls the whole dungeon, just run after them until they stop - don’t do damage before. Yes, it’s annoying, but it’s not a big deal. (Mana Tombs can be a problem if the healer gets chain-silenced/feared/stunned.)

People who realize this are already in a guild, have friends, or participate in community Discords. If you want a social experience and play with people whose playstyle preferences match yours, you can have that. It takes a little more effort (you have to actually talk to people!) than just clicking a button to join a queue, but it is worth it and makes the game much better. It is a problem everyone can fix.

3 Likes

It has been a thing since WOTLK though. If you combine stupidly easy with high end rewards and a queue system then this will be the result.

It is the same in other MMOs as well.

@OP sorry to hear that this happened to you. I personally would recommend joining one of the gaming communities awailable for wow, like No Pressure, and try your luck there. If you do not mind using discord that is, though I am certain there are communities around who do not use discord as well.

2 Likes

Whilst you’re correct to a point, M+ has exaserbated this massively.
I stopped doing dungeons with randoms in WoD due to the Everbloom wall jumping nonsense so there were problems before M+ for sure. But these days you read complaints on the forums from DPS complaining that the tank only pulls 2 packs at a time so the dungeon takes “ages” (like an extra 2 minutes is ruining their lives).
But I was able to do random dungeons even with my poor eyesight up to WoD fairly easilty (I couldn’t do Oculus but then nobody liked that one anyhow). But once Legion introduced M+ there was no way I could ever contemplate doing a dungeon with randoms.

When I tank in a group I have a rule - you pull you tank :slight_smile: Always puts those pesky DPSers in place.

1 Like

I tried retail a couple weeks ago after many years break, I thought doing some dugeons would be fun to lvl up, they where a joke.

Chase after tank, don’t stop to collect loot, done in 5-10mins…they almost make incursions seem good

I was getting 2 lvls per dungeons in 5-10 mins

Not sure what the point of leveling up serves in retail wow, they may as well delete it and just start people off max level

Never played it again, retail is for teens imo

Its all about end game yo /train

1 Like

10 min queue? Sounds like a DPS issue.

Beerwolf in my group, when?

Maybe you were doing something to annoy the tank… Easy to write about a poor experience, while not saying what you were doing.

I had a hunter while doing underbog TW Dung. Chap decided from start to pull stuff while i picked up quests. Then he proceeds to keep pulling everything ahead… Fine, stuff dying fast anyway but still annoying.

Gets to the 2nd? boss, the one in the water and you tank it from a pipe leading into the water. Hunter again went in and pulled before I got there, he actually got killed by the fish mobs :slight_smile: cos he entered the water. Proceeded to scream CR. I ignored him, killed boss and went to next boss. Hunter starts qq about my not taunting boss and not giving him Cr. Then starts ranting about me taking next boss and not going to last boss.

Charming individual and I was tempted to kick him before last boss.

Bet he only rants about a bad tank so slow. Yet never mentions his own stupidity in that run.

2 Likes

What did you expect?
It’s a hunter, braincell was either occupied with the rotation or ranting.

Nice random anecdote. It has nothing to do with what happened though.

As a healer, when I get a tank who does that and I end up with the aggro, I’ll probably just leave.

It won’t kill you to grab aggro (very effortless compared to how it was in the past) and just get over with a dungeon instead of wasting everyone’s time by being needlessly complicated. We’re talking trivial content here, not M+.

2 Likes