[Fury] Help, my stat weights are looking weird

I’ve been playing Fury since 2 weeks and trying to get a grasp of this spec. I use Icy Veins as a guideline for how to play and which stats to choose. So far, everything has been looking good but I realized today in TEP Heroic that my parses are quite on the lower end (<30th percentile for my item level).

In particular, I realized that other Fury warriors deal higher damage with abilities and auto attacks even when their gear overall is a few item levels below mine. This leads me to assume that I have possibly made mistakes in choosing essences or prioritizing my stats.

Icy Veins states that crit rating goes above all when using Cold Steel, Hot Blood (which I do). The exact weight that Icy Veins lists is:
9.92 Weapon DPS
8.97 Critical Strike
8.45 Versatility
8.19 Mastery
6.80 Haste
5.21 Off Hand Weapon DPS
2.80 Strength

So today, I used Raidbots in order to generate the stat weights for my current warrior and was VERY surprised to see the following:
7.88 Weapon DPS
4.85 Haste
4.25 Critical Strike
4.20 Off Hand Weapon DPS
4.10 Versatility
4.09 Mastery
2.13 Strength

It seems raidbots is valueing Haste significantly higher for me, even though I’m pretty much on the “soft cap” for Haste with ~22%. That means Raidbots even tells me to enchant my rings with Haste instead of Crit. This seems counter intuitive - every high level warrior seems to use Crit.

Could someone have a look over my gear/essences/talents and provide more insights into why the simulation values Haste so highly for me? Here is my armory link:
https://worldofwarcraft.com/de-de/character/eu/proudmoore/alvarim

As soon as you go with x3 CSHB your crit stat weight will skyrocket. Haste being #1 with no CSBH is right.

Go haste /crit at around 23-25 % if you can
And at least 2x CSHB. I have farmed mine for month until I got 3 of them and dps skyrocketed.
And change major essence to Guardian of Azeroth is the Best.

I will respec tomorrow fury and my raiding gear for the new raid.
Good luck

If you want to use sims accurately to increase your dps I would strongly advice not simming stat weights. Use Top Gear instead.

Stat weight simming is not practically accurate. It’s more of a curiosity thing, I would never change my gear according to it.

Hey Alvarim,
ill think you lack of some critial informations :slight_smile:

1. didnt saw any fury logs for EP … but ill saw u did the new raid on nhc…

2. in EP all good players used “benthic” this that gives unique buffs like corruptions nowadays do. so we all used 425+socket benthic gear over 445 ilvl gear. thats why the sims are parsing better.

3. Logs… dont always look into log %… sure its a rough indicators… but affected by alot … like get lucky on boss mechanics …your raids needs to do alot dps (faster boss kill) / or is dead and you deal alot more … and much more… you cant compare a 430+ random raid with people that arent even full HC clear… compared BIS-gear using mythic raider that run same bosses. so be carefull using logs when ur not that very experienced on that :slight_smile:

4. Stat weights. its a very old method / fast method to see upgrades on gear. but nowadays you can sim on websites / in clouds your gear … so that is a better option to find the better items. Stat weights only telling you the NEXT item / enchant / socket … should have this stat to benefit your dps… but after changing 1 item / enchant / socket… the stats change… so you need to simm new stat weights ! (so only use this method to see fast rough upgrades… or dont use it) -> NEVER use other players stat weights ! and even you need stat weights for multiple situations like patchwork, cleave, aoe… etc

5. maybe its bugging logs for new raid… but you used some weird stuff on bosses in the new raid:

• Traits… your telling us ur using CSHB trait (yes you do) but best and common way to play fury is to have this trait 3x and even the stat weights are only for multiple CSHB… that you dont (and thats why ur haste is better)! PLEASE get more of these traits :slight_smile:
  • Essences: Lucid dreams is not the best choice for fury… check your essence sims if you got better ones. like breath of the undying or crusible of the flame / for aoe or aberations use Purification Protocol.
  • in 95-98% of all situations dont run Anger Management on Fury. for casuals the other talents are always better choice :slight_smile:
  • ill even saw some bladestorms and vial trinket in the logs… could be buggy to . but use them only for aoe … with Blood of the enemy major essence and Reckless Abandom Talent… then u have 3x 1,5min CDs to popp really off ! (for most m+ dungeons best setup too)

and please dont logg out as Tank… if you need help for Fury :slight_smile:

i love thoose people… needing help / ask questions and then not saying at least “thank you”

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.