Fury single target damage

Noob thread: I started playing a Warrior for the first time 4 weeks ago, a Fury one, and now am above 285 with not optimzed stats, a missing burst trinket (Eye of Command + Soleah) and 280ish m+ weapons (next week I’ll take the jailer mace - normal level) .
In aoe I probably should do better but it’s pretty easy to pull nice numbers anyway, in single target I feel like I’m having some issues as I struggle to do more that 10-12k (sometimes less) while other classes, not only metà, with almost the same IL do 5-6k more. I’m specced with a traditional wowhead guide, Kyrian with Mekanichos and most of conduit are 278 now. Am I probably doing something wrong or is it normal with this spec? Is it a burst issue?

Thanks in advance fellow warriors

4 Likes

I can‘t see your Warrior, but i can Tell you when you doing 15 keys you wont do the st as other classes. The reason is simple, classes as bm, dh, Boomkin etc got stronger cds, but with a longer cd. When you are doing 20++ keys and use your cds 2-3 times + Execute phase youll keep up. Also downtime is kind of a Huge damage loss more then other classes so try to always make something. Last but Not least wait for gavel. Got mine this id and its just OP specially in ST. When you can Check these 3 things + nice Stats you can make huge sT

1 Like

That do be Fury warrior.

That’s why I prefer Arms.
Bigger ST damage, about equal AOE damage :heart:

I understand what you are saying but I then I don’t get why Subcreation lists Fury as A and Arms as lowers ranks, even on pure single target fights. And moreover the vast majority of people now seems to equip the m+ legendary even on single target. I’m confused by these data…

EDIT: Warning, long comment ahead!

TL:DR:
Fury stronger cuz better items this season.
For Pure ST use: Deathmaker Leg (cloak), NF Dreamweaver and Dragon’s Roar Talent.

For mixed ST/AOE raid fights (like Anduin) use: Signet (ring), Bastion Mike and Bladestorm. Make sure you have Bonegrinder conduit activated aswell!
(Your ST is not high enough to go full ST build, but AOE burst window can pick up the slack)

That is because the current season caters for Fury.
Fury uses Gavel + Jaithys.
While Arms can only use Gavel.

Trinkets are the same for both specs.
But haste caters a little more to Fury, so OWS on fury is slightly stronger.

The set pieces also cater more towards Mastery, which again is Fury favorite.

That is because ppl don’t bother with creating 2 legendaries.
Also getting signet to proc Reckless+Avatar is nice.
If it procs Bladestorm you just insta cancel it and act like nothing happned (also lost use off your Legendary)

I actually used to use Deathmaker on cloak for Fury and it does ALOT more dps.

But ppl also use Necrolord alot for ST Fury because it “Sims” higher. But it barely ever outperforms Dreamweaver for ST damage.

So I’d say the “issue’s” you have are simply a “wrong” (not rlly) choice off build.

Wowhead also says for ST damage (Raids):
Necro > Kyrian/NF.
Which means, Kyrian for AOE fights, NF for ST fights.
Don’t use Necro unless you want to gimp yourself.

Also.
Scars trinket + OWS are absolutely broken for raids and ST damage. I use both permanently because you never lack AOE damage, but need some ST damage in M+.

Too bad, I hoped I could have used the same covenant for aoe and st during a raid for quick switch. I’m ok with switching legendary, a lot less with switching covenant every 2 fights. Thanks for your advice, I will di some try!

Go nightfae.
That’s what I do.

Korayn for AOE, Dreamweaver for ST.
Korayn is only slightly slightly less DPS, sometimes even more because you can run and dodge freely.

EDIT: Also, NF ability knock mobs down. Very usefull in M+ :slight_smile:

So damage wise you are saying that Kyrian and Nf are comparable in ST Raid context? Might give it a try in a normal run!

For raids ST damage I’d say NF (Dreamweaver) wins, hands down.
For M+ Kyrian and NF are comparable.

If you dislike NF and want to play Kyrian, try Kleia for ST.
It is not as good as dreamweaver but It helps a tiny little bit better then Mike.

1 Like

Fury st damage is very good. Top tier in fact if you have the correct setup and equipment. My fury warrior with gavel, prison blade, scars and first sigil and good balance of secondary stat, sims at 17.5k dps ilvl 285, which is higher than even my outlaw rogue at the same ilvl.

Outlaw is far better at sustained aoe though even if they both have the target cap.

But aoe is generally lacking, sustained aoe, not burst aoe.

Unless you take spear of bastion, but it’s weaker in st compared to condemn or aftershock.

Condemn i think is the most fun ability, but for a balance in performance, aftershock is the best.

Just go for bladestorm also. The st damage gain from dragon roar is extremely minimal, i’m talking about only 10 or 20 dps over the duration of the fight over bladestorm, but bladestorm gives you a very powerful burst aoe cd that is far more powerful and important than what dragon’s roar could ever give you.

Since I took the gavel things have turned in a better shape. Unfortunately I have it only normal (I will turn it hc next week) and have none of the jailer and sylvanas trinkets nor Kt sword, but I have seen number grow significantly.

1 Like

No joke.
The gavel does 15-20% off my damage.

I don’t use Jaithys since I play arms but it is prety strong aswell.
Just like in Wotlk, fury is super strong not because off the class/spec, but because off the item combination :rofl:

im a decent fury on this guy and let me tell you fury in decently high keys and does some raids fury doesnt really compete in ST at all with meta classes in a raiding environment or on bosses in M+, fury is brought mainly from rally,battleshout, and having high uptime on it’s cooldowns with you able to pretty much use everything you have on big trash pulls off CD as long as they arent next to a boss in most cases.

Big thing is to make sure you are 1 enraged before you start your damage window spear=> reckless while having your proc from gavel on.

Gavel is a massive damage increase in ST in short fights or long fights where you can get 2 rounds in.

For raids use deathmaker and covenat lego and M+ or massive cleave/aoe fights use signet of tormented kings.

For rotation wise just use Raginging blow into rampage with bloodthirst then WW as filler alongside sudden death procs.

Major reason why you see fury being so high up in sims/tier list is due to how this season is padding heavy with the raid affixes so constant aoe damage is more imporant then even having ST boss damage. its why you see demon locks dps come from massive impolsions alongside dreadbite

2 Likes

Our demon lock bursted 350k dps on anduin last time. It was that one affix that spawns the crazy amount of little balls. It’s insane :rofl:

Next raid evening I will be able to choose a new trinket. I am not sure if I should go for Sylvanas’ one or Jailer one. Any advise considering that next week I will be able to take the other one and that probably I will not be able to raise them to hc Level any soon.

Scars is a strong trinket but has a downside.
OWS all day every day, in raids is extremely strong with basicly no downside. In M+ it is strong but takes a little long to charge, but still usefull on bosses.

2 Likes

Ok my gavel is 298 now and I totally dislike that so much of my damage relies on a weapon. Of corse with a regular raid attendance it could have been taken, on a main character, a lot of time ago but personally I truly don’t like this system.

1 Like

welll not just because items:)) u all forget the simple fact that fury 4 set is just plain better then arms 4 set))) this ads more dps then jaithis dual wiled

No way.
Fury is stronger then Arms because Gavel+Jaithys combo atm.

The Arms set is just as strong as the Fury set, just alot more bland :rofl: .