Fury Warrior - Legion vs BfA

Anyone else enjoy Legion fury WAYYY more than BfA fury? It felt like there was so much more to think about in Legion and the gameplay in general was a lot more dynamic. It was fun min maxing burst windows depending on boss vulnerability phases, proc trinkets, general CDs like avatar and a lot more

Nope.
BFA Fury is really good to me. Especially because enrage provides haste now rather than attack speed.

I preffer legion fury aswell

Nope - Legion was all about macroing all abilities into BC window and being useless beside that.
BfA is constant flow of button mashing that is more dynamic and responsive.

BfA style all the way.

2 Likes

It’s personal preference, but I far preferred Legion Fury - although it had it’s issues.

Legion had 3 Distinct rotations you had to intuitively weave between (ST, AoE, Execute), whereas in BFA the ST, AoE and Execute rotations feel far less distinct. BFA AoE/Execute rotations are just our ST rotation - pressing WW/Exe every third key press.

I preferred old Battle Cry to New Recklessness - I actually like Burst Windows as I feel I have more agency about ‘When’ and ‘How’ I want to apply my damage (i.e. delete high priority mobs/packs) rather than just constant throughput (which has it’s own benefits granted).
I agree the “Feast or Famine” dps profile of Legion was unhealthy - but this wasn’t due to Battle Cry by itself, but due to also layering in Avatar, Bloodbath, buffed on use trinkets and Unrivalled Strength (artifact trait) - all of which have been removed from BFA. If they’d just removed the other modifiers (except buffed on use trinkets RIPfun), kept old 100% Crit BC and adjusted baseline damage numbers accordingly - I’d have been ecstatic.

Losing Shockwave due to Blizz wanting to spread utility more thinly across classes… (Cough DH/Rogue/Boomie/DK Cough).

Contentious Point - Execute now being a rage generator.
I much preferred Execute being a rage user, as it meant you had to play well to manage enrage up time during execute (as Rampage, our main Enrage trigger fell out of rotation). It gave the execute phase of the fight it’s own distinct rotation and I found the ‘Juggernaught Stack’ game a super fun mechanic (Disclaimer: It should have capped at 20-30 stacks, having it stack at 99 was just dumb and also fed into the “Feast or Famine” legion Fury Damage profile - Devs plz!).

Rather than make Execute a rage spender, I’d have much preferred for Blizz to bake in/talent something like Nighthold Tier 2pc bonus (e.g. Bloodthirst gets double crit chance), so we had a viable mechanic to manage enrage up time when unable to use Rampage (Or old massacre talent, although that made enrage up time maybe too easily managed).

Legion Talent Tree also gave many different setup options, whereas the current design all warrior specs basically use the same build 24/7.
Blizz: Having 3 AoE options in 1 row, more often than not means we just choose the best AoE option all the time. Having an ST option vs. AoE option vs. Hybrid ST/AoE option is just better - cheers. (Wrecking ball (AoE) vs. Avatar (ST/Hybrid) is a great example of this - Outburst was just terrible and legacy of MoP BT crit enrage mechanic).
There are just far too many under tuned talents in the tree now.

Other contentious side notes:
New Enrage giving free 24/7 bloodlust is odd and the spec almost feels too fast (especially during lust), will be interesting to see how this feels come end of expansion gear.
Tier Sets + Lego’s > Azerite
Fury Lego’s were great and gave LOADS of gearing options (note: Mechanism for obtaining Lego’s was utter rubbish).
Gear Switching in M+ made Fury a massively versatile class as you progressed through a single M+ Dungeon, being able to switch between strong burst AoE, sustained ST or Execute ST as the group and encounter needed. Imo many small decisions > 1 big decision, as the smaller decisions are greater than the sum of their parts (okok, not technically about Fury, it’s about M+ generally. Sorry! :frowning: ).
Oh and Please give us a talent to change Dragon Breath to Odyn’s Fury! :frowning:

Saying that BFA has implemented a couple really good changes:
Whirlwind generating a modest amount of Rage!
Blood Paint giving some in built damage reduction for an otherwise slightly squishy class.
Raging Blow usable outside of enrage baseline - gives additional rage generator when not enraged, which was needed.
M+ dung design making Piercing Howl really useful again!

Overall, I think Legion Fury just needed a couple of loving tweaks to make it BFA viable, the overhaul has taken it too far away from the spec i found engaging and absolutely loved". Now it’s a spec i find “fine, but a little bland”.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.