Fury weapon reward ?

So,just did the 4x Stormsong quests for the weapon cache,and I expected a good weapon finally,but guess what-a One-handed mace for my Fury warrior?What is the logic behind it?

3 Likes

Cause those caches aren’t specc specific. U can Read that in the dozens of forum posts about it where it gets explained over and over.

4 Likes

think it will be changed soon to be spec specific items. Cant confirm but i belive i read it not long ago.

its rather dumb system as it is so it comes to no suprise they are changing it.

1 Like

Did today the emissary with 10 alt’s right now.
Paladin< 380 ilvl shield>
Furry warrior <380 ilvl shield + socket >
Ench shaman (despite that i am 377 ilvl with 340 weapon another ele weapon ( it;s my 6th intellect weapon>
The only one was my druid that got the correct item )

2 much rng and i dislike more the personal loot…

1 Like

But according to Ion it is FUN and exciting having to scrap epics.

1 Like

wq and emissary rewards are not spec specific at the moment.

I like to quote the whole ‘RNG is exciting’ too when I can.

Changes are coming.

For those who missed Watcher’s most recent update:

In Season 2, emissary caches and similar rewards like Assault wrapper quests will award loot based on your spec (or loot spec, if chosen) instead of your class.

Standard world quests will continue to provide rewards based on class rather than spec, for two reasons:

You can see the exact reward up-front, and choose whether or not to do the content if the reward doesn’t interest you. This also can offer a way to shore up weak off-spec slots without worrying that you might miss out on a major upgrade.
If world quest rewards were spec-based, it might seem like the right behavior to cycle through your specs when evaluating potential rewards for every world quest, especially early in a tier, which seems like pretty annoying gameplay.
But neither of those reasons applies to something like emissaries or Assaults, where you don’t see what the reward will be until the end. And as you say, it can be frustrating if it’s for a spec you have no intention of playing, or it can simply feel like a bug. So we’re changing it.

1 Like

Yeah, it is. What they forgot to mention is the crushing disappointment when what you’ve worked for ends being BiS for Crenzo Sparkshatter.

2 Likes

There is a really good point about all the RNG we go through with a drop now. I’m sure you’ve seen it.

I don’t agree that’s an issue. We do it with literally ever other drop, and I’ve never heard anyone complain about having to set loot spec.

I was confused for a moment thought you were quoting something I hadn’t said. You’re quoting Ion xD

I don’t agree with it either. All loot should respect our spec choice at all times.

only real silly part of this, is that those classes who suffer from it are mostly melee, hunters, shamans, rest pretty much, always gets something they can use, is it worth using is then a different question.

semi-afked for 10-20 mins for**

:neutral_face:

I’ll be sure to lift weights while I’m doing it next time.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.